AMC: Susan Lucci's Autobiography

• Members

If you ask me, Susan Lucci did them a favor by agreeing to stay with AMC after the move to L.A. had been announced. Because if you think AMC's ratings are in the toilet now, just imagine where they'd be had Susie told them to shove it?

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think we could start a whole 'nother thread about that. But I'm going to wait until the hammer comes down before I do that. It feels like bad karma otherwise. I think that if AMC survives Sulu is still gone once her contract is up so that doesn't feel so ghoulish.

So do I. Hmmmm...I wonder if she would come to my AMC Homegoing Celebration.

• Members

I'd love to see her on OWN, too. I've a feeling, though, TV Land could court her w/ the chance to do her own sitcom. Lucci's no dummy, after all; she knows where her audience still is. Why else would she agree to appear on such a stinker like "Hot in Cleveland"? Because, she thought the show was funny? Yeah, right. Or the network thought it'd be a great idea? As if. ABC and TV Land are owned by two separate media conglomerates. They really had nothing to gain in allowing Lucci to do the show. But they did, b/c they've written her off as a dinosaur.

• Members

I'm not one of them. For years, Erica was just about the only thing that made AMC bearable, b/c at least the writers tried to give SL fresh material. The only reason why that might not be as true now is b/c once Susie finally won the Emmy, they just seemed to give up. Now, when it comes to the quality of the writing, they pay about as much attention to Erica as they do to everyone else. :-(

• Members

I love talking about SL's post-AMC career. After all, she is the only one who I can see having an immediate career after. I can't imagine what the rest of the cast is going to do with themselves. Some will try to get work in LA, others will return to NY and do some theatre work, but most will find new non-acting careers.

• Members

You really think most will leave acting? I was going to say that I could see the older people just retiring (like I did for ATWT), but then I thought "....what older people?" I think a generally young cast like AMC's will find some work. Mostly theater and guest appearances and indie films, but hey, it's work. I see people like LKH, Glendening, Goldin, and Cosgrove trying like hell to get on another soap.

Archived