AMC: Susan Lucci's Autobiography

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't understand though, so many other co-worker rave about her and LOVE working with her. So what is the real deal with this SMG stuff? It just seems like it had to be something above the standard drama queen stuff for La Lucci to let it go to the levels it seems to have.

• Members

I think SMG will be the one to lay it out someday and it will be apparent through her storytelling that she was by no means some innocent victim. I've always gotten the impression that SMG was a precocious kid not unlike Leven Ramblin and she got plenty of these: <_< from the adults. Just my guess. Yes, SMG and ELR were tight, they were jumping all over each other like bff when SMG won the Emmy. SMG was on R&K one morning a couple years ago and to me it looked like there was no love lost between SMG and KR, I don't think AMC was even mentioned. I'm not one to believe that there was any sort of camp against SL, no united front or anything. Just as in real life, your close friend may have beef with someone but that doesn't affect your relationship with that "enemy" of your friend (see "Friends of Jill").

Oh right, this is "real life" we're talking about. :P

• Members

No, go there! Please! If what I said is inaccurate, I want to know the truth.

I do remember reading about how ELR and SuLu took advantage of their birthdays being so close together several years ago and had a get-together to celebrate jointly (along with John Callahan and Eden, I think).

• Members

Lucci must be the only one Gellar had problems with over at AMC, since a lot of her former AMC castmates attended her wedding, while no one from Buffy was invited.

I also can't think of anyone that had major problems with Lucci at AMC, so I guess the two just rubbed one another the wrong way...

• Members

In an interview, Sydney Penny said that was the deal and expressed her regrets for participating in it. I do believe there was an initial non-clique situation between SL/SMG but things progressed from there. One misunderstanding turns into two turns into three, then we have co-stars that don't like each other.

One would assume, Lucci gets along with the other girls because they were less in your face about it, and maybe ultimately apologetic.

I know I was in love with the Kendall/Erica story the first year and then they suddenly stopped having any scenes together and I was so disappointed.

• Members

If this really happened SMG really was a little kid back then, she's not even worth mentioning to SuLu. Kudos to Susan for not stooping down to her level. I have read several articles/interviews where SMG bitches and complains about her time at amc, she really needs to move on.

Archived