AMC: Susan Lucci's Autobiography

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think SL would do good with a show like the one Joan Collins had where she makes schlubby people over. Susan is so nice though, maybe too nice for TV, she might need a bitchy sidekick who she can roll her eyes at and apologize for. She was always a little too "on" when she'd pinch hit for Kathy Lee, but when they had Erica do the big New Beginnings episode, I was really impressed with SL's smooth, natural interviewing skills.

A "Real Soap Divas of the Tristate Area"-type show could be fun too, CZP seems like a shoe-in with all the drama going down in her life. Include some of the few still working ladies and those whose shows have been cancelled who now must focus on family and dwindling career opportunities.

Susan and a panel of soap stars could be fun on some sort of game/competition show too, it just seems harder to sell the soap angle with the genre dying and all. "Keep Soap Alive" (?), teams face off trying to create the best 15 min web soap with weekly installments judged on writing, acting, and production values. Susan leads the panel with a fellow soap star or two and someone like Mimi Torchin, guest judges such as Harding Lemay, Connie P., Michael Logan...

• Members

Pardon the cliche, but it probably doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why Susan Lucci hates ABC. After all, next to GH's Luke and Laura, she was the face of their daytime lineup in the '80's; and is still, perhaps, the most recognizable face in the industry (the occasional, um, work notwithstanding). Yet, these days, the network treats her almost as an afterthought. I mean, she even agreed to appear on their "Dancing with the Stars" after (allegedly) resisting them for years (and btw, as cute as it was to see her, I'll be the first to say she didn't necessarily need the extra exposure), but it seemed like they were making bigger deals out of Kim Kardashian and Cloris Leachman!

Archived