December 13-17, 2010

Toups

• Members

Another holiday so Toups probably won't have them till next Monday.

No one watches soaps during Christmas break anymore...well like they use to. The huge blizzard better help out the soaps if not they have no hope. I actually think they dont anymore. AMC dreadful 0.8 in the 18-49 looks awful.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

<-- Queens resident. There's going to be a lot of A.M. soaps tonite on the networks. I would think NJ & Conn. may have had similar pre-emptions.

Ah, so maybe it was just some of NYC - biggest market but just one market - and some of upstate.

• Members

The week of the 13th was the first bitterly cold week (below freezing temps) of the season and it stretched down all the way to Florida on the East Coast.

I don't know if I ever see huge storms as a helping factor to ratings because when there is a huge storm it usually comes with electricity problems and massive pre-emptions from local stations. If pre-emptions could be avoided it would be big numbers. While NY is a loss for this Monday, if there were very little to no pre-emptions in the other blizzard-hit NE states that could very well make up for that.

• Members

Frons would be so proud of you!

YOU may not have experienced bad weather last week but the Great Lakes did. Cleveland, Chicago, Baltimore/Washington, Michigan, Wisconsin were all well and goodly fucked. Flights canceled, people stuck.

It's pretty obvious the numbers bounced for a reason and nobody with half a brain thinks that reason was "quality."

• Members

I didn't say anything about quality and I don't what Brian Frons has to do with anything. I'm just not in the business of trying to justify why the rating may have jumped. As Angela pointed out bad weather usually brings lots of pre-emptions. The ratings went up last week, they may go down this week. It's whatever.

...but I digress. If you truly believe that the weather cause those ratings to jump up, then that's gotta be it. ph34r.gif

Archived