AMC: Frons replacing Kreizman and Swajeski?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not really minding D&D's stuff right now. It's fine, IMO. As of now they aren't boring me the way that B&E did. And I don't feel like they've really taken a hacksaw to any of the characters yet, like I felt McTavish and Pratt did to some of the characters. (Even though they may end up doing that if they stick around long enough.) And I liked some of the stuff that McTavish/Pratt did, even though McTavish got too dark for my tastes towards the end of her stint.

Plus there were times when McTavish/Pratt did integrate a large portion of the cast in their storylines. B&E are still my least favorite writers, just because the show was hardly ever balanced under them plus it was just really, really boring. McTavish/Pratt, especially McTavish, at least wrote some really interesting stuff.

• Members

I think they could have put Ryan in a lot more interesting pairings, instead of Ryan/Greenlee. I liked Ryan/Madison, and I think they could have possibly done something with Ryan/JL's Liza. I also saw chemistry between Ryan/Natalia, in some scenes they shared together. I also remember seeing chemistry between him and Dr. Sinclair. And I think there are a lot of other people they could have tried and paired him with. I think that the TPTB have had many opportunities over the years, where they could have done something interesting/different with Ryan.

But they wasted those opportunties, and had him go back and forth between "loving" Greenlee and Kendall.(With a few other unsuccessful relationships sprinkled in between). Frons does love Rylee, and he wants them together. I think that's the way it's going to be as long as they are both on the canvas. Which IMO, is a shame because I think they both would be/have been more interesting in other pairings. I don't hate Rylee, but I do think they are better off with other people.

I wonder what they are going to end up doing with Caleb? It seems like they have dropped him and Krystal and I'm not really sure what will happen between him and Erica. I think that Asher will end up with Colby for a while. Right now I'm pretty much liking all the new characters to various extents, my faves being Reverend Ricky and Cara.

I'm not sure how long Reverend Ricky might be around, as far as I know he's just recurring now. But I really like him and I think he has nice chemistry with Kendall. I'm not seeing any chemistry between her and Griffin. I'd like to see more of Reverend Ricky. I thought that Cara had chemistry with Jake in the flashbacks that were shown of them. I am interested in seeing what might happen between them.

• Members

LOLs well I'll say let Lorraine choose her staff. She came in and revamped the show, 1/2 it's life was carried by Damon being a troubled Martin, JR/Annie, David/Greenlee and Liza's turn to who she was 'that bitch,Liza' made Ryan tolerable w/ Madison and had a good SL going w/ Amanda almost turning into her mother I think. Anyway the one writer who's episodes have been very interesting and inspiring is Kate Hall and I think Addie Walsh. Those two have been amazing, one episode that is still talked about is the return of Erica and that staircase scene w/ JR/Annie, the fallout of the Chandlers and the Kane family altogether finally, that was Kate Hall. Another pure HW that seems to have LoBro's ear is Lisa K. Connor, the dialogue between Tad/Jesse talking about Dixie's bb, Jesse relating what Angie's going through, Tad's confrontation scene w/ Liza at the hotel after she told him she was slipping his son placebos :lol: And Tad giving it to her in the end, that was drama, and JR calling Annie about finding the blueprints to the Nano.

So yeh they have people that can step in, but it all has to be ok'd by Frons, which is scary. If this were Lorraine's baby fully I have no doubt she would turn it into something incredible, look no further than the way her April 9th epi. was written, I swear Kate Hall and Lisa Connor know how Pine Valley should be written.

As for the new characters, they are needed b/c you need enemies and people to root for and mysterious ppl and AMC just didn't have a big enough cast.

Cara is a great addition (LOVE YOU LINDSAY!) so is Griffin and Asher and Reverand Torres and Madison..now they have to figure out how to mesh them.

• Members

D/S haven't even been headwriters for a year so why even think about replacing them so soon? Granted the show isn't excitement galore but it has a quiet tone that is in stark contrast to GH and OLTL right now. I will say that I agree with people about Kate Hall because whenever I see her name in the credits, I know it'll be a great episode.

I say give D/S at least 12 to 18 months to truly see the effect they are having on the show since it takes several months to tie up previous writer's stories and start their own. Maybe even have LB become a co-headwriter so that you have three visions (the old, new, and somewhat new).

• Members

I seriously want to give D/S the go ahead but here's the problem, thier synopsis, thier goal is not enjoyable. Thier plot writing is masked by the writing staff, when I see written by: Kate Hall or Lisa Connor I sit up b/c I know they are going to give me something I'm not going to forget. James Brown has a few like those too.

]

• Members

I liked Ryan until Frons. If I watched those episodes again I'm not sure I still would, because I am so sick of him now, but I think Frons and his hero worship are what killed the Ryan character. How he went from being a grifter to being given big money for doing pretty much nothing still annoys me all these years later.

But I definitely don't think McTavish coming back would make Ryan more tolerable, since her writing for him around the almost-punch-your-wife-in-the-face saga was pure hell and clearly way out of anything Mathison could play.

• Members

That was not Frons, that was McTavish. Ryan was off the show when Frons came to ABC. McTavish wooed Cameron back with the whole Ryan comes into money after rescuing Cambias, Sr. in the desert story. Frons didn't have a clue who anyone was on any of these shows... citing Simone to be his favorite character... and "Penny" from GH as part of its diverse cast.

• Members

I really hope that DK/DS are not replaced. I think they are doing a great job. I think they are finally hitting their stride and the material coming up will really showcase what their plans are for AMC. I really believe they have been telling more classic soap stories and I have thoroughly enjoyed them. I just wish the ratings reflected that.

• Members

If you're trying to say felicity doesn't know who writes per epi. I have to say you are sadly mistaken. She prbly asked about the other day's epi. b/c she missed the first scene or two, that happens w/ people you know? especially when they don't want to watch b/c thier favs aren't on or the SL sucks. Hence the firing rumor w/ these two.

Archived