AMC: Frons replacing Kreizman and Swajeski?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kreizman and Swajeski are like B&E for me: not horribly offensive like McTavish and Pratt, but incredibly incredibly boring.

I guess if McTavish does come back a lot of the staff writers will be engaging their "McTavish clause".

I do wonder though how confident Jamey actually is on this since he didn't do a big "Rumor Report" write-up for it.

• Members

You are right, Stiletto, Lorella Brodericko's "stint" was a definitive flop and faux-success by the joyous HW-glorifying people.

Not that you can blame her, given the circumstances.

But as Turner says: who cares, it won't make any difference. I'm guessing one more desperate try and then they will force him to dump the show.

• Members

Yeah, I've been watching occasionally and some of it holds my attention. I kind of like their writing style. The show seems a little more balanced, and there seem to be more "character" moments than endless plot, plot, plot. Compared to a show like OLTL, which is one shocking plot device after another, I guess AMC seems dull in comparison. I like the character-driven stuff. What they need to do develop stories from the show's history.

• Members

McTavish is so uneven but when she's good she's very good. Sadly that does not seem to be her forte in more recent years...

I just wish someone would go wild and dump Greenlee, Jake, Ryan, etc. And see what happens. Maybe they will lose tons and tons of viewers, who knows? It's worth finding out.

• Members

I think Greens and even Jake have a ton of potential. I think Ryan has done all he can (both the actor and the character) and unless he's made a kinda "everyman" nice guy in the background, like Aiden was when he was at his best, they need to get rid of him. But I really do think Greenlee has potential to become the next Erica Kane, she just needs better writing (she did start to come alive when she was teamed with David).

And I agree with Jonathan, writers need to be able to write *what they want* before they throw them out. I know he's not a fan of the current team, but I think in a way they've done as well as they coulda under the circumstances--certainly they've introduced the new characters to Pine Valley better than anyone has in *years*, integrating them fairly seamlessly. I only follow daily AMC and OLTL and this one aspect is miles away from how OLTL does it.

I often seem to be the McTavish defender on here--but I think Carl is right. She has moments of, frankly, brilliance but usually they happen only early on in her reign, and under ideal circumstances (it's no secret she wanted to write for Brooke her last time around, and Frons didn't want more 'old people" stories). But more and more she gets out of control, and I think she's only too happy to do what others tell her to do (which is why JFP loved her so much).

That could be said for all of his shows though.

• Members

I don't think their writing is terrible and I think the show is pretty good right now. The biggest problem I have with Kreijeski is that you can tell how much they love to showcase their new characters and bring new people onto the show. They IMO are doing that and wieving them in with other story's just so that they can make their little stamp and also, it makes things a bit easier for them in a way. It's really lazy to me. Not so much Cara/Griffin (loving them so far), but Asher/Caleb. Their story is being layed on a little to thick IMO and there are so many holes & rewrites. They're positioning everything to their liking and not really thinking. It bugs me when Caleb starts talking about his past with Adam and stuff like that, it's almost meaningless to me because the man isn't even on the show anymore. It's just so random and paint by number to me, if that makes any sense. It seems to me that they are just making all of this up as they go, thinking what they're writing is great when it's really not. They need to bring Adam & Sonia back and then maybe we'll have something good here. JMO.

I wish they would stop creating all these new characters and start writing for the one's that we already have. And if they want to bring in a character, usher in someone we already know.

• Members

I know she is completely untested and has never even written a breakdown (and I probably would not be making such a suggestion had I not just had several drinks), but I would be interested to see what Kate Hall could do as headwriter (she would, obviously, have to be paired with someone with a lot more experience). She just impresses me so much as a scriptwriter. She isn't just better than Taylor, Cohen, Connor and B&E, she is at a totally different level IMO.

Maybe pair her with Jeff Beldner or Addie Walsh. Of course neither Hall nor they probably want anything to do with the HW position.

• Members

I'd be all for a pairing of Kate and Addie (who wrote some of my fave Loving stories) with Broderick helping out. Why wouldn't they want a HW position? Of course it comes with way more pressure and studio interference, but it also comes with a steep cheque--I find it hard to believe any writer would pass up the opportunity to make seven figures.

Archived