AMC: Frons replacing Kreizman and Swajeski?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Frons Fired?? Gods, forbid. He's brilliant. Way too brilliant to be running something as lowly as daytime. I think he needs a promotion to primetime ASAP. In fact, someone of his caliber should be in charge of something much more relevant than daytime. Perhaps, reality series development would suit him. It's long past time the bigger wigs at ABC give this man a position he deserves. Away from daytime. He's been languishing in daytime far, far too long.

• Members

Well I really liked Broderick's stint. It was far from perfect but her style of writing appealed to me.

But you can add me to the list of people who know that a new writer wouldn't make a damn bit of difference. It's amazing to watch Frons throw writer after writer under the bus for his own micromanagement and incompetence yet apparently HIS boss (Sweeney?) doesn't wonder about what role Frons has played in the epic fail that ABCD has become.

And I agree that JHC needs to go.

• Members

Sweet heaven... you know that will happen, too.

Just like Agnes was blamed credited from ghostwriting the 2008 Erica Behind Bars story. Well, except for the episode where those dancing doorknobs decided to throw a concert outside the prison. That was all B&E.

I heard Burton Armus is up for the gig!

• Members

I think JHC is with us til the bitter end. As others have said, she probably has so little creative power, and Frons seems to love her. I wouldn't be shocked to see Megan return. When she departed last time, Frons seemed to purposely leave the door open by saying that she was burnt out and needed a rest, with the implication being that she could return one day. Maybe her batteries are recharged :) She does have moments of brilliance. Whether you liked them or not, the Bianca rape story followed by the Cambias murder trial and then the baby switch were amazingly plotted umbrella storylines. Of course the show totally collapsed after the baby switch story ended, and it became one dud storyline after another. Does she sometimes rely too heavily on plot points over logical story and character development? Yes, she does, but when her formula works, it really works. But when it doesn't, head for cover because the sky is falling.

• Members

I really thought LB actually did a good job. I think AMC's rating's actually stayed steady during her tenure. I will apologize if I am wrong but LB was a VAST improvement from the last 3 HW's (Megan, B&E, Pratt).

I remember when LB was writing Mid-Feb and that was when AMC was at it's BEST this year.

• Members

I'm a loud and proud hater of 'the writer.' And, to just keep all of these "well at least she..." or "she starts off good but..." comments in check, remember -- she created Ryan Lavery and is in LOOOOOOOVE with both Ryan and Cameron. So if you're all bitching about Ryan over-exposure now, "well at least she" will totally dominate the show with her favorite creation. It's no coincidence that we had the entire dysfunctional Lavery clan on this show, plus gave him two children via sperm donation -- even Braden's corpse. 'The writer' really wanted to make this man and his family the centerpiece of this show.

• Members

I've got an idea -- how about Hall paired with Broderick? Some new blood mixing with some old -- giving us more character-driven plotlines & stories that make sense & are developed well. Hall is my absolute favorite of the current crop of writers. She's penned the most artfully written, nuanced scripts and is very talented. She also seems to know her CHARACTERS on a different level than the others. It's like she's done some homework before just making up random things for them to say...She's the best JR/Annie writer by FAR! Just look at the artistry that it took to write the 10/6 episode between Jannie -- the staircase scene epitomized BOTH characters, but especially JR for what he revealed and how he revealed it. Just beautiful writing, on a different level than the others. Compare that to the crap that was written yesterday (12/9) by Connor. Dreckitude as far as Jannie go.

Archived