AMC: Frons replacing Kreizman and Swajeski?

• Members

I agree with a lot of what you say here. I'm glad to see people liking AMC. Unfortunately for me the Rylee overload - along with the disgusting underuse of Frankie and Natalia - is a dealbreaker. I no longer feel good about supporting the show in its current form. I don't hate it, I'm just terribly disappointed in it and I learned the hard way from OLTL that when ABC decides you aren't the audience they want, they don't try to hide it.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ready to add my two cents here (although i was a McTavish supporter so what do i know?!) - i think D&D are doing a good job these days, i've been looking forward to watching my daily recording of AMC and that means a lot (hasn 't happened in years)

• Members

I agree that AMC has been A LOT better then the last 3 HW's but thats nothing. D&D are being compared to Pratt, Megan and B&E. Not much to compare.

AMC has been consistent, nice pace show and thats something that hasn't happened in years. But sometimes AMC can get boring because nothing is happening.

This is the best I have seen AMC since 2002 but the ratings speak for themselves. People are still not watching because of how damaged the show is.

• Members

But are people actually watching ANY soaps right now the way that they used to? All ABC Soaps' ratings are on the decline, and all soaps on every network are seeing drops from previous years...I think many people go to the internet to watch (ABC.com or Hulu), others watch on SoapNet, and still others DVR it, and watch at the end of the week. Soaps are different from other shows (primetime) because most people aren't necessarily home to watch them anymore, and now that there are other avenues by which to view, people are taking other options. I wish they'd find another way to track ratings (other than the antiquated Nielsens) because that might provide a more accurate depiction of how many are actually watching soaps!

Plus, if you look at AMC, last week it was tied with the other ABC soaps (so they were all dead last), and it faces the most competition (Y&R and DOOL in most time zones). So comparatively speaking, it's actually not doing so badly!

Archived