AMC: Frons replacing Kreizman and Swajeski?

• Members

Writers That Could HW AMC Well

Claire Labine

Lorianne Broderick

Burton Armus

Josh Griffith

Michael Malone

Harding Lemay

Pam Long

Nancy Curlee

Stephen Demorest

Thom Racina

Karen Harris

Tom King

Millie Taggart

Victor Miller

Tom Casiello

Richard Culliton

Carolyn Culliton

Winser Washam

Addie Walsh

Peggy Sloane

Juliet Packer Law

Craig carlson

Leah Laiman

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm wondering if Frons has any other mandates other then Ryan/Greenlee? If not, that could explain why some of the other show is very good since the writers don't have any restrictions placed on them. Though I'm wondering if Griffin/Kendall is a mandate from Frons or if this is an idea of D/S?

If this is D/S then I'd advise them to take a wait/see approach since I think the best storyline to place Griffin is in a quad with Cara/Jake/Amanda. Have Kendall stay single and grow as a character (though I'd ditch the Greenlee/Kendall friendship.. totally not realistic... these two bitches should be frenemies... not friends)

• Members

I totally agree that D&D are doing an okay job. There are days that are more exciting than others, but imo that's mostly due to the Ryan/Greenlee overkill. When the 2 of them and Kendall aren't around the show is usually interesting. I'd agree that there have been too many new characters when my old faves like Tad & Opal haven't had much to do lately. But I do think the Griffin/Cara/Jake/Amanda story has potential, unlike Caleb & Asher's story, which could have been good if what Broderick created hadn't been rewritten. That said, I also like the quiet tone that soaplovers mentioned. AMC's in-depth conversations make it stand out from the other 2 ABC soaps in a way that I think unfortunately may appeal more to older viewers who are used to conventional soap operas than the 18-49 crowd.

• Members

I couldn't agree more! I like AMC right now above the other soaps -- other than the Rylee overload -- mainly because of the more in-depth characterization, the slower pace, the non-stunts, the tone, etc. K & S are NOT that bad, other than Frons seems to want to put in his 2 cents where they don't belong. GH has the "Sonny/Brenda" show, and then the stunt-driven Balkan mess; OLTL is preoccupied with too many who's-the-father baby stories, turning previously sympathetic characters evil (Clint/Marty), and the shirtless Ford family; and even Y&R has got WAY too many things going on at once with a very bloated cast...So when I want to relax and enjoy a soap like I used to in the 80's, AMC is my choice....In many ways, it feels like I'm *coming home* when I sit down to watch.

As for the demographics -- I agree that AMC is better-suited to a bit older crowd. 30-49 would be the age group, imo. But I know plenty of 20-year-olds who flock to it because of Jannie...and I have a feeling with the advent of the Griffin/Cara/Jake/Amanda quad, it will appeal more to the younger girls.

Archived