Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So in the 1975 video, am I the only one who got the vibe that Katherine was looking to Brock for comfort from a lover, not a son? That's totally how I'd have read it, had I not known these characters. And it makes sense based on real life. BTW, have they ever addressed Beau Kayzer's death onscreen? Did Mac ever say that her father was dead?

Man the next episode sounds like a good one, with Katherine and Jill due in court where I assume the judge will invalidate Jill's ownership of the house. Too bad it wasn't included.

Then with the 1978 video, I was thinking it's funny given how few episodes there are from this era, I have already seen the storyline "Leslie is too nervous to play" at least 3 times, although this was the first time she didn't overcome it (I would've liked to have seen Janice Lynde portray that). That classical piece sounds so familiar, but I cant't place it. I liked where they were going with the juxtaposition of her negative thoughts with the music, but it came off as cheesy the way it was executed, which is surprising for Y&R.

I really hope those 1983-84 vids cover more of the Rick Daros storyline. I saw a couple of partial episods from it on pannoni4's channel and I was quite riveted.

You are the man/woman! 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

I’m sure that was when Lorie slammed the keyboard case down on Leslie’s fingers while she was playing the piano. I can’t believe I remember that but I saw it when I was a kid so the scene had a big impact on me. I haven’t seen that scene in over 40 years. 

• Members

I had a thought that the 45th anniversry episode could have been about Brock's death.

All the characters that returned were involved with Brock - Lorie, Leslie, Jill, Julia, Mac etc

They could have showed flashbacks  and the ep would have had more meaning than just some made up event as well as celebrating Brock/Beau and potting the character to rest.

• Members

Lol where did you hear or see this? I would love to see that scene I always kept asking if they had atleast one scene together back then I mean they were all on at the same time. I did read a episode that said Vanessa asked Liz something at a party but I can't even remember where I seen that

• Members

Unfortunately, that was way too long ago and I was far too young to remember all the details. If I remember correctly, they were fighting and Leslie started playing the piano and ignoring Lorie. Then Lorie slammed the keyboard cover down on her fingers. I remember her crying out in pain. I’m not too sure about the fight. That’s very vague. It might have been more spontaneous like a fit of jealousy. I remember Lorie was very jealous of Leslie because she was getting so much acclaim as a pianist and had a big concert coming up so that’s why she did that. I just remember clearly the actual incident. It was very shocking as a child so that’s the only reason I remember it. I also remember Katherine driving Philip off the cliff and both the rape of Chris and later the rape of Peggy. Again, because these were all shocking. I can’t believe I was allowed to watch such adult stuff but my babysitter watched it so I had to as well. I remember Jill cutting into someone’s throat who was choking on some food as well. Can’t remember who it was. 

Edited by BillBauer

• Members

It is interesting to me that the opening sequence very rarely got updated with cast changes until the late 1980s. There were several different iterations and styles of charcoal and pencil sketch openings, but rarely were new faces added unless the whole thing was redone. I guess what I’m saying is that I should not complain about the current opening not being updated when it took several years for Jeanne Cooper to even be added!

• Members

That Lorie/Leslie scene sounds so good. That's what soaps should be. We don't need ghosts or special effects or crazy crap. Just a scene of people behaving like people, two sisters arguing, one hurting the other in a way that could have played out in anyone's living room, in a very human way. 

There is some audio of Jill performing the tracheotomy on Stuart here