Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

OMG I completely forgot she and Greg were tested for Abit, at that point Bell was getting tired of Peggy it seems lol, I wonder why she was written out a year before her family was? Hey does anyone know about Victor giving Peggy the bedroom eye back in 1981 and her and Eve I guess becoming chums like wtf where did that interactions even come from

Too much little stories back in those days that are never to be heard or seen again.

• Members

I think 1980 through 1982 were transition years..so bill bell was experimenting..testing characters out, etc.  Probably the rare time he actually wasnt writing in story bubbles.

I recall actors loving holiday parties, costume bells, etc because it meant working with others they normally didnt work with.

Bill bell was big into story bubbles with little overlap..and Marland was huge into overlap even when it didnt make sense for characters to interact.  Nixon/labine were better at balancing out story bubbles and story overlap..imho

• Members

Victor and Peggy....WOW.....that is a little tidbit that got lost with time. Too bad nothing came of that. It does seem Bell never knew what to do with Peggy and just tossed her into storyline mixes to see what would happen. Another storyline that happened around that time was Jack Abbott sniffing around after Chris to break up her and Snapper and Chris not discouraging him.  

Edited by SoapDope

• Members

Lol your right there was a time they even had Chris interacting with the Abbot's all for it to go nowhere but apart of history, another thing I had read about was there was a time I think Vanessa wanted to attack Lorie and Victor walked in stopping the whole thing LMAO I would love to see that

I wonder how Victor and Vanessa were in scenes together, I know it could not be a friendly scene of any kind

• Members

Victor and Vanessa would be unreal to see together in a scene. I bet there was tension to the max there. Also reading synopsis, I take it Stuart thought Nikki was trash and didn't want her living in his house when Liz asked him because Nikki was having to strip to pay the bills.....LOL. There was also a scene where Peggy also wanted Nikki to move in. 

I looks like Bell would have tested Peggy with Andy or Kevin Bancroft. 

• Members

Lol wait hold on a minute Peggy was tested with Andy or Kevin? I never heard but that's interesting if that happened and yes I did hear Peggy invited Nikki to stay at the brooks so it looks like they were close enough at one time for her to do that.

Stuart is an [!@#$%^&*] but I swear when Liz asked him if Nikki could stay it was 1979? Didn't she start stripping in 1981 or Stuart just knew she use to get around alot I guess lol

• Members

No, Peggy was never tested with Andy or Kevin far as I know. I just wondered why Bell never tried that. Peggy may have been gone before Kevin's arrival. I don't know when she stopped appearing. She was on as far as late 1981, but I don't know if she made it into 1982. 

I think Chris insisted Nikki and Greg  have their wedding reception in her fathers house in 1979 and Jill  suggested to have the wedding there as well. Stu was concerned that it would make Liz uncomfortable since he was married to Jill at that point, but Liz thought it was a beautiful suggestion. Stu was also close to Greg and was OK with it. Peggy invited Nikki to stay with them in 1981 when she was on the outs with Greg and was stripping. Did Nikki stay there for a time or did that fall through ?

It would be funny if they had done a scene where Stu, Liz, and Peggy a having breakfast with Stu reading the latest edition of The Chronicle and Nikki comes down in a baby doll nighty and sits at the table.

• Members

Waw, this post made my day!

Please register in order to view this content

Would you be ok to share/sell some of your suspenseful cues? I’ve been through hell trying to get to buy them and I wasn’t even able to reach out to Jack Allocco and David Kurtz, while the Y&R stuff is not responsive. I only have a bunch of those composed since November 2012 and a couple of those from the 70s. I really wish Y&R started a streaming program but they don’t seem to be interested. Bold and Beautiful have theirs available already but I cannot say I’m a big fan of those...

I’d really appreciate if you were willing to sell some of yours, please let me know if and how it works

• Members

Yea as far as I know Peggy didn't make it to 82 last month of 81 is August seems to be her disappearence time,I wonder if she got a send off saying bye to her family back then.

You know what would have been interesting if they had done a triangle with Stuart/Liz/Vanessa that would have been golden and Katherine gettting involved to help Liz 

• Members

Stu/Liz/ Vanessa would have been awesome. Vanessa would have met her match going up against Katherine. I doubt Peggy got a send off. Bell just didn't know what to do with her and probably dropped her. That 1980-82 period was a mixed bag of stuff that left viewers scratching their heads. You mentioning Victor giving Peggy the bedroom eye could have opened up story for her. She could have taken a job as his personal girl Friday.   

• Members

Lol I found the recap for the peggy/Victor interactions just so you see it for yourself lol

Yes your right Vanessa would have met her match with Katherine because Katherine ain't no punk when it comes to battle but either is Vanessa so it would have made for some real soap mess

Please register in order to view this content