Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't know who this Trina girl is but I like her. Did the child paying Josslyn get her lips done? What a world.

Those scenes still suck BUT the music is a marked improvement. I especially like the cues you used just as Josslyn and that kid kissed and when we came back from to them kissing and her pulling away. And OF COURSE the classic cue you used as they were deciding whether or not to have sex.

• Members

Haha thanks! The one thing I noticed while editing these scenes is how short they were (although it does work in my favour since I don't have full length cues), and also how fast they were running the lines - perhaps it was the director's choice. The entire time I was editing this I was envisioning all the music used during the teen Glow by Jabot era, so I had to use Billy and Mac's piano cue. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Thanks!!

Please register in order to view this content

I think the music works well with the dialogue surprisingly...the beats are totally different between ABC/CBS and the Bell soaps but it fits pretty well. Of course the stories are definitely not up to par, definitely not in the same league as glow by Jabot or Victoria’s teen stories...

• Members

Funny I've always said the same thing, they could have brang him back on years ago to mix with not only his family but other characters on canvas. He already has history with certain people from his time I think Jack Abbot is one of them 

• Members

What was his relationship like with Paul, patty, mary and Carl?  I think once Patty left in late 1984...the show turned Mary into a busybody because there wasnt othe4 facets to show.  It would have been interesting having steven on as a reporter especially during the rawlins case, kimball case...etc.  Maybe even interacting with leanna love.  Imagine Mary's face if she had her as daughter in law lol

Plus, he could have been a buffer for impulsive Paul and Carl/Mary.

• Members

Exactly all of those questions come to mind and I haven't seen one episode yet with him in it so I don't really know how he came across with the family or the his interactions but I did hear he dated Peggy brooks while she was seeing Jack Abbot so I wonder how that triangle was back then

And actually the show missed another opportunity to let him be known, wasn't he apart of the whole cult storyline with Nikki and Paul so he would know about Ian Ward I guess they could have used that

Edited by Legacy

• Members

I think I read peggy left him at the altar..and she left town..and he did as well shortly thereafter.

He also dated Jill briefly as well..so he had ties to the show.  It was short sighted writing him off and never bringing him back...same with writing off Patty in the mid 80s.  

• Members

Your right I wonder how his interaction with Jill was and how he ended up seeing Peggy there was little storylines going on in that transition period, and Patty's story just seems to be one big tragic that never got recovered for the early character sake

I really wanna see these episodes because reading them sound just as good as if we were to see them

• Members

Without going back through synopses that sounds a possibility.

There was a lot of movement with characters in that time as Bill Bell tried to adjust to the 60 min format and ratings dropped.

Michael Scott was interested in Lorie, then moved to Julia before being written out.

Robert Laurence was also hinted at being involved with Lorie but was shifted to Leslie.

There was a Jack/Peggy/Steve/Jill thing but then Jack went onto Patty. His earlier involvement with Jill and her sexual harassment case against him laid the groundwork for their long time bitterness.

After Jill/John/Jack round 1, Jill was moved onto Andy 

and so on...