Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Amongst viewers and some of the soap press while they lauded Jeanne Cooper and were entertained, the common criticism of the story was the doppelganger part was a bit of stretch for a more reality based show like Y&R, quite similar to Brad in a cage the previous year. Of course no one in 1990 could predict twenty years later doppelgangers would become a dime a dozen and more ridiculous with the next one, that we'd see Katherine Chancellor in a landfill and co-piloting helicopters, or there would be death by volcano. 

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks. Yeah, I loved it and thought it was fun and entertaining. Cooper certainly seemed to be having a ball. I just became curious when someone on YouTube said it was "unpopular" with viewers and had to be wrapped up sooner than planned. I took it with a heavy dose of salt, but figured I'd check. Maybe it'd be different if we watched it unfold day by day.

I do like the occasional outlandish story though, and late 80s, early 90s Y&R served it nicely with Brad in the Cage and Katherine's kooky doppelganger. I feel they always found ways to ground the crazy stories like those, or Matt Clark's face-change and deliver them as realistically as possible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

The Museum of Broadcasting Chicago has in the archive a screen test for Y&R featuring these performers

Baker, David L. 
Cheyne, Hank 
Diamont, Don 
Dickson, Brenda 
Eckholdt, Steven 
Kayser, Allan J. 
Wilson, Robert 

I assume this was for Brad Carlton and they were testing with Brenda Dickson as Jill.

• Members

Some interesting names from these Y&R audition tapes archived at Museum of Broadcasting Chicago

From various years: young actors audition for roles on "Y & R."

Alexander, Jason 
Bernsen, Corbin 
Bowman, Pamela 
Daniels, David Mason 
Davidson, Eileen 
Davidson, Eileen 
Hauser, Wings 
Herring, Lynn 
Hickland, Catherine 
Hunley, Leann 
Lester, Terry