• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Nope. LOL.

Credit to Victoria Rowell though, because as one of the show's stars, had she wanted to actually block Stafford from the show, she probably could've done it but I don't think Rowell would block another actor from being able to work.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Bill Bell Sr. sure wrote his characters to be highly memorable!  Today's soap writers seem to struggle with this, which is why we often get legacy characters and popular characters from the past being revived and the stories often still flop!

One thing I  noticed about the DR tweets on social media-- most of the plaudits and condolences are from fans of BSG, Soap, even the Golden Girls and Empty Nest, with a lot from fans of various Canadian shows over the decades like Da Vinci's Inquest but very few regarding his Y&R work.

Yes, he was only on two years but his character's influence lasted decades, as @yrfan1983 said.

I suspect many, from today's showrunners to the majority of today's soap bloggers really don't know all that much about his work.

Edited by DramatistDreamer