• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

True that!

Deedee would you happen to know if any cliques were formed on Y&R over the years. I'm curious to know which cast members hang out with one another when not taping. Like i know Kimberlin and Hunter were inseperable at first on B&B but who did she hang out with on the Y&R set. My guess is Victoria Rowell and Tonya Lee cause i have seem a few pics of her posing with them, plus they all started on Y&R around the same time. Was Kimberlin close with those two Deedee?

Edited by yr9190

• Members

Thank you so much for sharing those 1992 SOD synopeses Carl. All the memories came flooding back as I'm reading them to catch up. What did you guys think think of the Victor/Ashley marriage and how it unraveled? I remember Victoria being a wicked thing towards Ash.

My god I don't quite remember Jack going out to enjoy a fancy dinner while Victor was still lying on his office floor nearly stone cold.

I have to believe that Lauren was over time perhaps one of the most difficult characters to write for. Lauren had been written for years as the town bitch, an antagonist to characters like Traci, Gina, Christine etc. which in long term meant Lauren couldn't simply be some damsel in distress like Nikki or Ashley. Lauren had to have a backbone and edge to remain viable. It's been said Sheila was actually Lauren's punishment for all the years Lauren caused chaos herself on others. So after the story was over, Lauren simply carried on as she had before--having an affair with Brad and restarting her rivalry with Traci. Then again, Lauren's second marriage to Scott was loveless and pretty much out of convenience.

Its funny though Traci was also pretty much done as a character by 1992 as well and Bell wrote her off.

• Members

I mostly remember Victor/Ashley for her conflicts with Victoria, which were very entertaining, and yet you knew Ashley also cared about Victoria (another reason why the triangle over Cole was an odd idea). I think that this Ashley was so low-key and subtle, that it must have changed the Victor/Ashley dynamics. Weren't they initially written as grand passion? Ironically, they were never written as that again, even when Eileen returned.

Hadn't Lauren already reformed before the Sheila story? Or was she still naughty?

• Members

They were & that's exactly what happened.

Eileen left & so did most of Victor/Ashley's chemistry.

Brenda's Ashley (with her softer style) actually went better (at the time) with Diamont's Brad.

Actually they were.

It wasn't until SpermGate that Eileen's Ashley became Grambo's permanent lapdog.

And even then (despite all the damage done to Eileen's Ashley) they (much like with Victor/Hope) still managed to maintain a strong relationship (mainly due to the chemistry between EB/ED) while playing second to Victor/Nikki.

Sheila was the second part of Lauren's redemption.

Shawn was the first.

• Members

Okay, just because i never really understood the whole point of it, but in a nutshell, how where Sheila and Lauren together on B&B?. It seems like they never really had them at each others throats as much over there, or even in each others orbits. Lauren was seducing Eric and Sheila made a new enemy in Leanna/Maggie. How could Lauren stand living with her nightmare for 3 more years??

What did everyone think of the Lauren/Katherine BFF thing they had going on for a while when Lauren first returned in 2000/2001. I guess they did that because they weren't sure that Melody was going to return after her first major contract dispute. I thought it looked refreshing and its a shame that since becoming a Baldwin/Fisher prop, she and Kay can't have that same fun chemistry. Also its interesting that they did that considering that Lauren and Katherine were really never seen together as much in the 90's Even though it's always been said that they were good friends. I think the earliest Lauren and Katherine on the internet is when Danny and her first meet Kay when they want her to help contribute to the music video thing in 1984.

Edited by yr9190

• Members

They still had a role in each other's stories here and there. For instance, Lauren was one of the people who helped Maggie in her schemes against Sheila. I think there was a magazine cover with Lauren, Maggie, and someone else (Brooke?) in a plan against Sheila. This was when Sheila was somewhat redeemed and Maggie was starting to go nuts (around early 1997).

I think Lauren also testified against Sheila when Sheila wanted to be released from the mental institution in fall 1995.

What type of role did Lauren have in stories between the time of the Shawn saga and Sheila? I've read about her schemes to get JoAnna away from Marc, and I guess she still had some times with Paul? What else? It always seemed off to me that she and Jack were on a ski trip together when they found Brad locked up. How close were they? What were Lester and Bregman like together?

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I also feel like they were trying to start a Lauren and Jill rivalry in the 80's over Brad. I've seen a scene from the Jill's men lines party where Jill (Brenda as Jill) keeps singing Brad's phrases to the press, while Lauren looks on jealous. Was that there plan, then Brenda left?

Interesting that scenes exist of Lauren interacting with Brenda's Jill, but i have never seen any Melody/Brenda scenes :(

• Members

She was semi redeemed.

Kind of the way Chloe was treated after the Cane & Billy stuff but before the Kevin debacle.

Neil's death made Lauren grow up a LOT.

Prior to that (even post-Shawn) she was still very bitchy & self obsessed.

They were hot together.

But then Lester had chemistry with everyone & Bregman (back then) was total sex.

There's a good reason for that. ph34r.png

Edited by DeeeDee

• Members

Did Neil die oncamera? I should look in the synopses I have about that I guess. I guess he and Gina were already split up by then.

It's tough for me to picture Jack and Lauren, perhaps because this never seemed to be addressed later on, compared to many other relationships Lauren or Jack had.

Chloe is one of those characters Bill Bell probably would have enjoyed writing for, at least the way she was early on, when people were going on about how she was a young Nina or a young Jill, instead of not even quite making it up to the young Mari Jo Mason level.

And thanks again for all your help.

• Members

I personally feel like Chloe is the best new character that has come out of this hellhole. I feel like Elizabeth Hendrickson has really proved her talents over the last 3 years and its just terrible how she is apart of this horrid writing regime. If i wrote for the show, i would give Chloe material she is capable of. Its a good thing that her sarcasm can make some good out of this slop.

I guess i shouldn't get my hopes up of any Braeden and Dixon scenes popping up either... rolleyes.gif

• Members

Yep.

And they broke up cause of Lauren (the reason Lauren & Gina didn't get along for a LONG time).

A lot of it has to do with who the characters were then vs. who they are now.

Besides Paul (and VERY rarely Scotty) Lauren has been reduced to a Michael/Baldwin-Fisher appendage.

The same thing happened with Jack after Terry left, Bergman arrived, Jack morphed into Aunt Jack & became reinvolved with Giggly Heffa .

Exactly.

Liz Hendrickson (for all her faults) proved (at least early on during in her Y&R tenure) to be a strong enough actress that she didn't need the OOC & unnecessary crutch of being made Katie.

Tricia Cast didn't need forced relationships to be vital & relevant to Y&R's canvas (and bad writing aside) 25 years later she's STILL there.

At best you might get a handful.

But Brenda & MTS did NOT get along. At all.

• Members

Was this because Brenda felt like Melody had taken her role on the show? Or was this one of the issues Melody had with people? I don't ever hear about any serious conflicts Melody's had with anyone but I know that there's this idea she's not hugely popular with the cast.