OLTL: Discussion for the week November 15

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly. Big reveals have kind of lost their sense of finality, there's no appeasing feel of s/l resolution. I can get with soap deaths and no bodies recovered, I've accepted that soap reality. But playing fast and loose like they do with paternity or worse, Victor Lord, stuff like that is frustrating, and yes, even stupid at times.

• Members

Loved Friday's cliffhanger. Wow!! They could go so many routes with this. Cheap & StevieM both have great theories. The only person I can think of who walked in on that guy changing the results was Marty. But who knows. It's definitely going to be thrilling finding out the results on Monday, but it will also be frustrating because there really won't be any certitude to any of them. It will be fun trying to speculate how everything went down, though. I hope the show doesn't take to long to reveal how things really went.

I feel alone loving Langston and Ford wub.gif I think they are great.

Rex & Gigi are so irritating to me. Especially Rex.

What happened with Destiny asking Tea to help her divorce her parents? Wish the show could have followed up on that in the next episode. They should have been in place of Rex & Gigi.

• Members

I hear you. But Rex had a very nice, emotionally honest moment when Jen died 17 years ago that made me look at JPL as an actor for the first time. Over the years, I've kept that little birthday candle burning for the sake of justifying his continued presence on this show. He did okay with Shane, again, I think he could go deeper if he cared to really try and if they wrote more for him like that. Rex annoys me like David Vickers annoys me, a little bit goes a very long way and their moments of actual hilarity don't justify the other 95%.

• Members

Rex is fast approaching David Vickers' territory for me. I think it's b/c he's working with such talented vets and his absord, comedic reaction shots next to their serious talents stands out like a sore thumb.

And I thought he was putrid during Shane's cancer myself, both him and FF were snicker-worthy JMO.

• Members

What annoys me about JPL is that he is either deliberately tanking stories or he is so untalented that he can't make them work. A good actor would have done something with learning Mitch was his father. Instead he was just awful -- he pissed away a story that had been built up for years. Everything he does amounts to yelling and "funny" faces, and since he's also somewhat let himself go in his appearance, I have less and less understanding of why he is so beloved by the show.

• Members

Im so proud of myself for not reading any spoilers on what the results will be tomorrow even though Rexs is obvious, I honestly have no clue who will be the father of Jessica and Natalies baby. I wouldnt be surprised if all were switched. Brody goes from being a father to 2 babies to being the father of neither one and goes crazy by February Sweeps.

Now whats going on with Todd revoking Martys rights to see Hope? Starr doesnt read something before she signs it?

• Members

If only you were alone- Ford and Langston are barf inducing- a great example of what's killing soaps- old fashioned misogyny with a stupid female going back to the man who sexually used her and essentially raped Jessica. Now that's romance- or not!

Archived