OLTL: Discussion for the week November 15

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agree about Archer's hair. She looks lovely. I was hollerin' last eve when I was watching that scene between Brody and Marty. Go Brody, although I'm really rooting for Marty.

I don't want to go down this road.....well, I'll go part of the way, but I don't believe RC is the one writing this. The dialogue seems much richer to me these days. Oh well, if it is him, good job.

• Members

I'm really tired of the soap staple of "Let's change the DNA results". The only thing that would make this bearable is if Clint's flunky changed them and Charlie really was the father so the results named Clint. The only problem was his charge was to make sure Charlie was listed as the father - not just switch them.

Snarky Starr is better than sweet Starr. I know they don't like to make Todd sappy but this change to get a court order to keep Marty away from Hope is JUST RIDICULOUS. There are many calls to get rid of the Fords, the Teens, whoever. But if I could get rid of just one actor from this show it would be TSJ. I absolutely can't stand the way he plays the part of Todd.

• Members

I'm wondering if the person who walked in on Clint's flunky, when he was changing the DNA test results, was Marty. Maybe she agreed not to turn him in if he would also agree to change the DNA results from Natalie's test. Possibly even Jessica's. It wouldn't surprise me if the test results showed Charlie as Rex's father, Brody as Natalie's baby's father and Ford as Jessica's baby's dad. But the true results might be the Clint is Rex's dad, John fathered Natalie's baby and Brody is the father of Jessica's baby.

Steve

• Members

Marty is nuts, sitting around talking to herself and plotting.

Blair: "I was giving Ford a hard time, so to speak" what a double entendre that was. No way that one could go over anyone's head.

Viki bought the tale that Clint sold her, although she had no reason not to, since she believes he's trustworthy. The fallout from Clint's scheming is going to be huge and involve a lot of people, that's why it's so good.

First time I've ever seen a soap transition to another day in the same episode.

• Members

Rex's mugging wrecks my enjoyment in the vets scene when he's around them. Keep that wreck far away and the story shines so amazing! Like today arch Viki and a quick on his feet Clint verbally sparring was really GREAT stuff. ES and JVD are so much more exciting together than ES/BK, too. Dorian & Viki or Viki & Echo are just delightful pros delivering subtext, archness and a crispness to dialogue. JPL is just dreadful, I wish someone else even DF's Cris was in used instead for this story. The only time I can tolerate Rex is when JVD rips him to shreds a useless piece of trash - I CHEER YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, Clint's that's right!

So 14 days of Rex and today's gag worthy attempt to make Rex/Gigi sexy is IMO dragging down November sweeps potential.

I think Jessica's baby daddy is so Ford. RC has telegraphed it with the Clint vs Ford conflict.

The rest ITA that was Marty who interrupted Vimal and she blackmailed him and he's scared to tell Clint about it so he hid.

• Members

What an AMAZING cliffhanger. I really wanted them to reveal the results, but they couldnt.

What sucks is that we cant trust any of them. Clint obviously switched Rex's results and it looked like he arranged to have Jessica's switched as well, BUT Natalie's was there on screen next to both of them. Im thinking the guy could have accidentally switched the wrong daughter's results.

• Members

I'm really enjoying the show lately (minus Langston and Ford, Rex's schtick) but I wish there was a more inventive way to get more juice out of this than even more paternity test switcheroos. That is so played out. And I kind of take that back... maybe you can get a little mileage out of doing it with Marty messing with Natalie, but enough is enough with Rex, it's time this is just dealt with. The problem dear Brutus is that Kimmer has been such a welcome presence, wrapping up this story too quickly may mean less time with her. I don't want that, but damn, the character of Rex is REALLY being spoiled with all of this time and attention devoted to his parentage. If you're going to work him OLTL, WORK him, give him more emotional crying scenes, make him dance for his dinner. JPL can do it. You all let him snark his way through life on this show, and why should a viewer sympathize with a forcefed young leading man who's so obnoxious all the time?

Archived