OLTL: Discussion for the week November 15

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dorian was great today, she was used in the best possible way she's traditionally been used as support. She's much better off tangling with the grownups than giving her stupid (not nice, scatterbrained? :unsure: ) nieces advice that they don't take. And she looked sleek and chic, not like cheap drag Halloween Dorian.

I agree about Kelly re: her kid, even if it hadn't really dawned on me until you mentioned it Cheap. I guess I'll have to chalk it up to "things that happn when the camera isn't on Kelly", but a mother of a kid that age would prbably call as much as every day. At least talk about her baby a lot more. Ah well, one of those soap staples you just have to swallow I guess.

I know I'm not the only one in America who said out loud, "Are you [!@#$%^&*] kidding me?" when Rex said he didn't want the test. :rolleyes:

I think they need to dial it back with Clint within the next two weeks, give us a little justification here. Don't hit us with an evil brain tumor a few months down the road. As someone else was saying, Clint with an edge is good, but we're losing Clint for this villain we do not know (nor will we buy that this was him all along) and we're going to lose JVD/Clint altogether if they keep writing him into this corner. Don't Victor him.

• Members

All true, but I don't mind. I really don't enjoy watching women play good mothers to little kid's on soaps. Few things are more boring. I wouldn't mind if she mentions the occasional weekend trip to visit him, but I don't need to watch her reading him bed time stories. Hell, Sam is in Llandview and I can't remember the last time I saw him with Blair, Todd or Tea and that suits me just fine. Is Hope too young for boarding school? huh.gif

• Members

Yeah, it's stuff like that that makes me an angry viewer. :lol: I don't mind the wait when the wait is worth it, but I think we've been strung along for far too long as far as Rex and his parentage is concerned, we need to bring this baby in so to speak. I get the Agnes Nixon "Make 'em wait" credo, but it's just silly for Rex who has been SO consumed with this to just shrug it off now. Oh well, maybe that was just sort of a Tuesday cliffhanger and tomorrow he'll be like, "I don't wanna do this... I wanna go get a glass uh wooder first... then I wanna wait til Gigi gets back from PAris..." or something.

• Members

Sounds to me like Ron and Frank have moved on already to the next "Who are Rex's parents (this time)?" story.

Why do I feel as if this is the actual gameplan (specifically, to write him into a corner, and then write him off for good), though? Not that I object to phasing out the Buchanans, per se. With Ritchie and Carey gone, the family just isn't the same. I just feel like there are classier ways to accomplish this that don't involve ruining this-or-that character.

• Members

I also worry that that might be the plan, and I just feel that the legacy of a character like Clint Buchanan and the contribution of an actor like JvD deserve better. OLTL don't do too good with villains, at least not the multi-faceted Adam Chandler type who can create a strong, lastng, and even loveable presence on a show. Asa was the finest example of that, and of course he's now gone, Todd, let's not even go there. I think they need to look to someone like Adam more as they try to write this version of Clint. Of course if you can redeam a Todd you can redeam just about anyone, the diference of course being that we knew what we were getting into with Todd from the get-go. We're being asked to rewrite memories with Clint.

• Members

her, " :o Oh, swwwEETheart!" to Chah-lih was classic. :lol:

It's so weird, but I have to keep reminding myself that Destiny is NOT a little brat and that her attitude is justified.

I love how Marty is going to be the one to crack this case.

Dorian & Matthew, a fun pair! But oh Lawd, I am SO not ready for her to turn him out Joey style. :P

Archived