OLTL: Discussion for the week November 15

• Members

Wait, ONE LIFE has redeemed Todd? ;-)

Not just memories. It's as if we're being asked to accept that the Clint we saw for years was just a mirage in every sense of the word. I refuse to buy into that notion, though. Clint Ritchie never played the character that way. Just as all those actors who portrayed Victor Lord pre-massive retcon(s) never played him as a gold-hoarding, secret room-keeping pervert.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't see how '80s Clint was a mirage. The necklace is a weird point, but nothing on the show has outright said Clint had some long affair with Echo beyond the one night, and he didn't know Rex was his before a year ago. What about that violates that past? We know Clint has grown harder and colder since Asa's death. I buy into what he's done, but I don't think it violates the kinder, gentler Clint of the past.

• Members

KEVIN! I would like to say that DG is the first person I've seen lately that GT has chemistry with... FORGET about Joey- bring back Kevin, and put them back together. I think they're very good together and today was fun! I miss DG/Kevin but glad he still makes appearances....

NEVILLE!

Crazy Marty and Crazy Brody!?! Loves it! I quite enjoy the fact that John and Jessica seem like afterthoughts in this entire story- with Brody/Natalie the main focus... I guess we'll wait for the fallout, but I really was tired of John (actually always have been) and Jess. Brody should have been harsher, IMO; "Bitch, ain't nobodys fault but your dumbass son with his weight problems and anger issues!" Which he said most of, but in a nicer way.

Still continuing to enjoy Charlie/Viki/Dorian/Clint/Echo... even with Rex at the center. However, if it's the only way for these characters to get a story- one that's pretty good so far- then whatever.

DAMMIT BLAIR! What is in that damn box?!?

• Members

No character should be brought back on solely because they manage to make Tognoni less of a cold fish. I would like to see both Kevin and Joey back for their own sakes, not for her. Unfortunately Joey is only coming back because she is a flop, and Kevin will never return, because that might be a threat to Todd/Rex/John. He's probably better off, as I will be surprised if Joey doesn't go under the bus for Rex in less than six months.

• Members

Dan Gauthier is just pure :wub: . Kevin is the ONLY one that she seems to have chemistry with, even though Kelly/Rex are growing on me.

Viki and Dorian are great to watch whether they are fighting or not. I hope that Dorian still keeps her wits about Clint when the so called truth comes out, I want to see her continue not to believe that Charlie is Rex's father. Can't wait to see what Clint tells Viki tomorrow.

Neville? Nigel? I don't care which one, I love both of them.

• Members

Agreed :D

For anyone curious, the top ten (actually 13) of the episode counts are showing SO much promise compared to the previous few months. SO many vets being utilized. :D

Out of 14 episodes

13 - Rex

12 - Natalie

11 - Clint, John, Viki

10 - James, Starr, Echo

9 - Bo, Dorian, Kelly, Marty, Nora

Archived