ABC: Skating with the Stars

• Members

Does Mike and Molly still just do fat jokes?

I'm not surprised this show didn't do well in the ratings. FOX's big skating show a few years ago didn't either. I don't think there is an audience for this show, not the way it's done by the networks anyway.

The last one on FOX had a ringer and TV morning host but she got injuries and ended up losing to Kristy Swanson...who then had some hilarious scandal because she and her partner on the show hooked up in real life.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's funny because I hear that Battle of the Blades is one of the most watched shows in Canada. But that could be because actual Olympic and World winning female skaters are paired with hockey players and both actually start off able to skate.

• Members

Hard to judge the ratings since the show didnt start until 9:13 but u can tell by the 10pm ratings, it flopped. Sure ABC is disappointed but it aint the end of the world. They should be lucky this was only filler until The Bachelor returns in January.

I agree, the show was boring. Fell asleep after Rebecca Budig performed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I enjoyed this but mainly due to my love of Rebecca and Bethany and the British version. I don't know why ABC couldn't get skaters as good as the UK show. Why not just borrow some people or use those who weren't invited for the current season? The pros on the US version were very mediocre and the pro dances and overall choreography was VERY dull. The UK show was exciting, cheesy and over the top like DwtS. The failure of this is more poor execution than anything.

I hope Johnny is eventually invited to judge Dancing On Ice.

Archived