ABC: Skating with the Stars

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll tune in for RB! I really like her and think she's a great Actress, but when put with Cameron Mathison 24/7 like she is right now.... dry.gif my love for her goes down dramatically.

But I'll definitely be watching and I hope she does great. I love when stars from the soaps are on these shows, I always support them.

• Members

Ha that's exactly how I feel, I know I'm in the huge minority but in many ways Rebecca reminds me of what I think a classic soap actress should be. But the thought of her on skates makes me laugh I admit.

When does this start? Any other names? I know this show is pretty big in the UK (though not as big as their Strictly Come Dancing) but didn't Fox try it and have a flop? of course with the same Dancing With the Stars producers it coul dbe a big hit. Here in Canada for the second year in a row CBC has had one of their biggest hits with Battle of the Blades which teams up hockey players with figure skaters--the thing is hockey players may have no musical talent but they CAN skate. When Fox (I think?) had their celeb skating show what killed it partly for me, besides many of the contestants, was just the lack of any skating skills for many of them--just basic stuff. But this doesn't seem to be as big a prob in the UK so maybe they have a better system for training them.

(I can't believe I just ranted on so much about this show already...)

• Members

Im pretty sure it didnt flop for Kelly Monaco. Sure, she didnt become some A list star, but i doubt thats what he wanted. She got years of fame and press from winning DWTS. Just last year she starred in Peepshow in Vegas.

Cameron & Lucci brought a lot of press to AMC when they were on DWTS, tho it didnt seem to help the show out at all.

I wonder what tune you would be singing if this was AM and not RB?

• Members

I think Budig is just too cold to be a lead actress. Very cold on GL and on AMC, where Greenlee tended to harangue people in the name of "love", and whine about herself. AMC has been shaped around her, and Ryan, for years, and while I know that is also true about Zach and Kendall, I can say I at least enjoyed their relationships with some people. The only person I ever tolerated Greenlee with was Jake.

I do hope this works out because I think Budig would do well at presenting and that type of job.

• Members

Oh.

The preview was OK, but seemed very manufactured, which is what has hurt DWTS in recent years.

I think what works with DOI is there is not so much of an emphasis on drama. They have a little, but mostly it's just fun routines and skating.

Archived