The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The other guy who was killed was one of the guys at the fence in the first episode according to Greg Nicotero.

He and Karen were sick. They died quickly, but who burnt the bodies?

Oh, I forgot to mention Michonne with Judith. That was sad. She must have lost a child.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

Well, they are definitely won't be staying at the prison much longer at this rate.

Tonight's TD is much better than last week's.

I think Nicotera is deflecting because the guy is right that Lizzie is feeding the walker.

Damn, where do all these walkers come from? They are neverending.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

This was another really good episode and the backstage creative shakeup really has paid off. I am happy that they got back to the walkers after a year of human vs human.

I remember watching the PBS documentary "The Story of Man" and they had this part about how man changed from hunter/gatherers into settling down and becoming farmers. That was the time people started living with animals, and pigs brought the first plagues.

I love Carl and he is one of my favorite characters but the actor growing up so fast is hurting the character because half his charm was he was this little child warrior who could kill with the best of them. Now he is on the verge of being an adult and thus will lose what made him so cool in the first place.

I think it is obvious those two girls feed the walkers the rats like they are pets, and that is why they congregate at that one point on the fence.

• Members

Yes, that made me cry. She was trying so hard to hold Judith away from her, but Michonne couldn't deny the poor thing the comfort of being held even though it was breaking her heart to give it.

Carol has really become hard in certain ways. She's completely right, I think, but it's just interesting to see how she's changed. I think when these characters hit the mental wall they either come back stronger or break completely.

• Members

Very good episode. Once again Andrew Lincoln gave such a nuanced and heartbreaking performance. I should be bored with "Rick loses his innocence...again," but darn it if he didn't get to me, especially the scene where he was sacrificing the pigs to fortify the prison. And A+ for the scenes of Rick putting on his gun belt and taking off his shirt.

I knew Karen was probably just there to die, but they faked me out by having her survive the initial zombie attack. I had grown to like her so I'm glad I didn't have to see her die. I still didn't have any investment in the Tyreese/Karen relationship, as we saw none of it develop, but the actors were doing their best to sell it. The opening scene was sweet. (he should have known not to sing her - Beth sings and her boyfriends die) And then the next scene where Karen was making her way to D block was chilling, more like a horror movie scene than most of the moments on the show over the years.

I hope they won't kill off Sasha too. That would be so cruel for Tyreese, and I think Sasha is needed on the show. I like having someone there who is tough and who knows what has to be done, and we don't really know that much about her. We know so much about some of these people, and we're starting to learn more about Michonne, and I feel like there need to be people who are not extras but also aren't an open book. And the actress has good presence. She just fits into the show very well.

I laughed when Michonne said those angst-ridden songs Beth loves aren't appropriate for a baby. Then I wanted to cry when she held Judith. After the way Michonne was repeatedly almost sacrificed last season, I was very happy to have that moment where Maggie and Carl risked their lives to save her. And the little scene at the start with Carl, Rick, and Michonne - the hat being addressed (I don't miss it, sorry), Rick's small smile when she said she'd be back soon. It feels like she has a real place in the prison now while still having her own identity.

Poor Carol must see Sophia every time she is with those girls. Too much of them will be annoying, but we sort of should be seeing their perspective, especially since Carl is now becoming too old to be in the "child affected by a world on fire" storyline. Carol was so intense with Carl. I used to hear people say that she should become his mother, but this episode reminded me of why that wouldn't quite work. She's just too heavy and he would have problems with that as time passes.

I'm glad they included the short scene of Glenn taking the photo of Maggie, with Maggie grimacing at the whole thing. I prefer these sweeter moments to all the Glenn/Maggie angst.

Had we seen that doctor (Caleb) before? I thought he was kind of hot. He'll probably die...

Glad they included that quick scene with Daryl and Rick.

I wonder if the show will get any complaints for those pig killing scenes.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Yeah, the show has come a long way from its early sexism. However, I also think that their harsh environment has changed characters a lot. Maggie was always tough and independent unlike Lori and Carol.

I think Carol is setting herself up for a fall with those girls who are clearly disturbed which she apparently does not see. She has already lost Sophia so I hope that she does not get to attached to them.

Also, I can see why Carol wants to teach the children to protect themselves, but it is unrealistic. Children cannot physically protect themselves from walkers with a knife, they would do better with a gun.

• Members

That's true about Maggie, as her intro scene was saving someone. I felt like they got away from that later in season 2 and Andrea got all the "struggling for empowerment" material. I don't see Carol and the little girls ending well either. I think one of the girls will be disturbed, and Carol won't know how to handle it. Or one will kill the other. Sneak peeks (one was shown on Talking Dead last night) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR4l_orKjaI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j7wSFYD2PY

• Members

Michonne sobbing while holding Judy was amazing. Danai told us Michonne's story in less than a minute. It was done so well. At first I was laughing because I thought she didn't like babies, but then I saw that Judy helped her release a lot of pain she's been holding onto, more than likely due to the loss of a child. I really loved that scene, and again, Carl and Michonne's relationship and its growth is wonderful to see.

Rick struggling with sacrificing those little piggies was also heartbreaking. I can't describe it, but it's almost as if he felt they were people too.