DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lanna Saunders worked as long as she could until her MS got too bad, so there was no final Marie episode written. Marie's last episode as a contract character was April 8, 1985.   Maree Cheatham reprised the role for brief visits in 1994, 1996 and 2010.

• Members

They could have stated that Marie got news that Jessica was pregnant and decided to be with her daughter during the pregnancy, thus giving the character a believable exit and setting up a future character, rather than having to invent one later.

Even have Alice get a call when the baby is born, share the news and she and Tom visit offscreen.

It's called nurturing the core family.

• Members

Maybe they wanted to leave it open for her in hopes that she'd go into remission. I really liked her Marie and the stories she was involved in. I never saw Maree's Marie until she returned for Tom's funeral. I like her but I don't think we need another 80+ year-old woman in the cast ... mostly because I wouldn't want her taking any screen time away from Susan Hayes and Suzanne Rogers. 

• Members

I think that not giving these characters an exit was deliberate.

The same happened for Doug and Julie. Giving them goodbye scenes would have alerted viewers that they would no longer be seen which might have annoyed them. Whereas just not seeing them, maybe the hope is that viewers wouldn't notice at first in the midst of all the stuff happening onscreen and keep watching.

And then later realizing that they haven't been seen for weeks etc, but as viewers having 'moved on'

In the case of Jed Allan, I think his contract was up, he was offered recurring, which he refused and had already taped his last scene so that was that. They chose not to mention Don had left town.

• Members

I guess if we view these soaps as viewers only being given a slice of daily lives of a dozen or so people that live in a town of thousands it makes sense that sometimes people will just "disappear" off screen without much fuzz and we as viewers are kind of expected to think they're just living their lives. Of course, with people like Marie and Doug / Julie being so interconnected with the main families that makes it problematic that they wouldn't be mentioned.

• Members

That's a good solid idea. The one thing I'll give them credit for in more recent years is that they followed through with Carrie & Austin having a child after they left in 2012 and we know his name is Noah. Who knows, a SORAS'ed Noah may pop up in the next couple years. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

ok good news, missy is coming back! sign of relief. I love missy so much!

https://www.tvinsider.com/1131124/melissa-reeves-return-days-of-our-lives-jennifer-horton/

Reeves, who joined the soap as Jennifer Horton in 1985 and last appeared as the character in 2021, will celebrate Thanksgiving in Salem and take part in the on-air memorial to late actor Bill Hayes (ex-Doug Williams), who passed away in January. “I heard about Bill, which was just devastating for all of us,” Reeves recalls. “I was like, ‘I wonder if they’re going to do tribute shows.’ Matt [Ashford, Jack Deveraux] and I always keep in touch and Matt said, ‘Would you ever think about going back?’ And I said, ‘Matt, I think about Days all the time.’ Days of our Lives was where I grew up and spent my life, really, from 18 until now. So it always has a place in my heart and it always will for me and for my family. So I said, ‘Matt, you know if they called, I would say yes, but I haven’t heard anything.’ ”

pls read rest of interview in the below link -

https://www.tvinsider.com/1131124/melissa-reeves-return-days-of-our-lives-jennifer-horton/

Edited by asafi

• Members
BURBANK STUDIOS TODAY...WEEK OF 15,000TH EPISODE TAPING

From our Burbank friend who sometimes sends in photos, here are some photos today outside the Burbank Studios gate and parking lot, also showing Studios 2 and 4 where "Days" tapes.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I am one of the fans who is completely against this & I know that my viewing will be negatively impacted by her presence. There's no way it won't pull me right out of the moment. I'm four-square against it on principal but it also has a personal component. This should be about the character & bringing MR into it makes it about the person. And since she has been both homophobic & racist this impact hits many fans. However, I have said that although I am posting about it I do not intend to make a complaint to either the studio or to Peacock. I will say my piece & then accept that the decision has been made.