DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

@carolineg That's why it is funny to me when people create conspiracies about why the Bo & Hope reunion was cut short. In fact, it was more likely because their parking meter ran out and production couldn't spare the extra quarter.

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Ha!  LA parking is no joke.  They probably weren't offering KA and PR much and they were just over it.  At this time I really think these "bigger stars" are just doing it out of love for the character, the show, and their fans.  Not because it's actually financially sound.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

It doesn't seem like KA or PR are bad off in general.  As far as AZ, I can't believe even she needs the money just based on longevity on the show.  Although I do remember a SOD or SOW piece on actors from the 90's or 2000's that explained how soap actors first starting out make next to nothing.

• Members

I was searching for the Sid & Marty Krofft to Ken Corday pipeline because it seems like such an odd coincidence that so many actors appeared in both of their productions.  Deidre Hall, Wesley Eure, and Fran Ryan all appeared on DAYS and a Krofft show in the mid-70s.

I have a vague recollection that Ken Corday mentioned Marty Krofft in his memoir when he discussed his music and his friendship with Boyce & Hart (who wrote the DAYS theme song and appeared on Bewitched).  And I know about the Screen Gems to Boyce and Hart relationship.

But, I can't figure out if Eure and Hall filmed their Saturday morning series at the same time as they appeared on DAYS, or if they were cast on DAYS after their Croft series ended?  For example, Electra Woman and DynaGirl premiered the same year as when Marlena first came to Salem, but I don't know if it was filmed earlier in the year.

Does anyone know if there were other acting crossovers?  What was the connection?  And what was the timeline?

Edited by j swift

• Members

@j swiftThis from a Wes Eure interview

WE: It was but I immediately got cast in TWO series. I got Land of the Lost and Days of Our Lives.

TT: Simultaneously?

WE: Pretty close. It happened very quickly.

TT: That’s amazing for a young actor, isn’t it?

WE: Yeah. I was real lucky. I got Days of Our Lives first and then David Merrick (the big Broadway producer) flew me to New York. They were doing Candide and he wanted me to go and star in that. They flew me in to see the production that they just opened and while I was there, the phone rang and I was offered the part of Will Marshall on Land of the Lost.

They said I had to “play sixteen” and I was like nineteen or twenty. I turned them down at first and they kept calling and I finally said. “Okay, I’ll do it.” That’s how that happened.

NBC let me shoot both series.

TT: How did you manage that?

WE: Days of Our Lives made sure that all my scenes were filmed in the morning for three years. And then I would race over to General Services Studio in Hollywood - and run from dinosaurs!

In the morning, I was crying that my girlfriend was cheating on me…and in the afternoon, I was running from dinosaurs. It was a lot of fun. I had a great time.

Deidre debuted on Days June 21 1976 and EW debuted Sept 76, so I would imagine that she might have been working on both shows simultaneously for a short time, although EW might have been filmed on a very quick basis due to budget and she may have wrapped the 16 eps before taking on Days.

Electra Woman was announced late March 76 so may well have gone straight into production and been done filming by June.

I'm sure other posters might have more info.

• Members

Both Wesley Eure & Deidre Hall were on both shows at the same time. I am unaware of any connection. What do you mean by timeline? Eure spoke many times about shooting one in the morning & the other in the afternoon. At one job crying because his girlfriend had leukemia & the other screaming & running away in front of green screen. Jane Elliot met Deidre on Elektra Woman & saw her DAYS script & inquired & then told her agent she wanted to go up for a soap. It appealed to her that Dee had this steady gig. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
More