DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members
Posted (edited)

My original point holds.  The conventional wisdom that taping in advance has an effect on the quality of DAYS has yet to be proven.  And, the idea of changing stories due to the perceived whims of the audience is an illusion.  For example, notwithstanding the timetable, if Ron wrote toward what he thought we wanted, I doubt we'd see Leo five days a week.

Please register in order to view this content

@janea4old With regard to whether Greg Vaughn was using exaggeration for the purpose of humor, let's look at the facts already in evidence.  We know that they tape multiple episodes per week.  We also know that they only tape a certain number of weeks per year, with many weeks being dark. 

Last year, the WGA strike started on May 2.  At the time, the head writer said that he had written scripts through the end of the year.  So, they are currently filming Christmas 2024 episodes in May 2024, just like they were doing last year.  We also know that Ari Zucker last filmed in late January 2024, and her final episode with air in July 2024, which maintains that they are taping 6-7 months in advance.  So, extrapolating from those facts, by December they would film episodes set to air in June 2025, not December 2025, as suggested by Mr. Vaughn in the podcast interview in question.

His “joke” is therefore understood as “IF” they kept up their current pace, then they could film the rest of 2025.  Yet, it got misconstrued on X (formerly known as Twitter) that, in fact, they would keep up the pace, despite the lack of any evidence that they plan to do so.

Edited by j swift

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They switched to the 10-episodes-a-week tape schedule last year, so an entire year can be taped in 26 weeks. The only two things that make Greg's statement questionable is that means there would only be 8 dark weeks through Christmas Day. But, that is do-able. Also, Days is only renewed into Sept. 2025, so they would need to renew the show before anything for Sept/Oct 2025 is written.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Did production give Ron C any time to catch up with scripts after the strike, or did they go straight back into production?  Also, there was a suggestion in the monthly forum that today's episode 5/3 (or portions of the episode) might have been filmed out of sequence and inserted into the schedule to air on this date.  Do you think that is possible?

Edited by j swift

• Members

What was inserted into today's episode? I have yet to get a response from the publicist, but I did ask her a few weeks ago if there was an insert episode added at some point between May and December, since one of the sites reported # 15,000 was going to air on 12/3, while I have it scheduled to air on 12/2.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Jessica Serfaty (aka Sloan) repping Ray Ban at the Mat Gala 2024, her billionaire husband's family owns the brand - and they bought a table for $350,000.00

It's a lot!  But, I don't hate it as it on theme for Garden of Time custom couture by Dolce & Gabbana.

However, the billionaire should not have worn a clashing shade of red; in my opinion.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I kind of like it.  Met Gala outfits are always OTT.  I think it's cooler that her husband owns Ray Ban.  So many free sunglasses!

When she was on America's Next Top Model her whole story was about her being married and having a child at 17.  I am going to assume this isn't the same man lol.

• Members
Posted (edited)

She upgraded.  Since Top Model, she she was engaged to Kaan Gunay, the billionaire owner of the Firefly ad agency, Milutin Gatsby, a billionaire film producer, James Packer, the billionaire Australian media owner and former flame of Mariah Carey, Logan Paul, and Ed Westwick.  So, 4/6 of her engagements were to billionaires.

Her current husband's family owns Luxottica which manufactures most designer sunglasses, Chanel, Prada, D&G, etc…

Edited by j swift

• Members

I feel like she defended Ed Westwick through the rape allegations too.  

But the girl is clearly a hustler.  I always thought she was sweet and slightly country on ANTM.  She doesn't need Days money, so I won't feel bad when she is written off lol. 

• Members

Yeah, but I'd also be OK with Temp-Sloan if the character continues.  Just so that she and Tate (who date IRL) can carpool to work.  Given, my freeway commute, I am always up for less traffic. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

It is notable that if a table at the Met Gala goes for $350,000, that is most likely more than the annual salary of many long term actors on DAYS.  Especially, given that according to her lawsuit, production asked Arianne Zucker, a 25-year vet, to take a pay cut to under six figures.  In fact, TIL in 2023 they cut her travel expense, gave AA a raise, and did not ask any of her male co-stars to take a pay cut.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I don't think anyone on Days, even Deidre, makes 350000 currently.  I think the show did pay DH over a million at one time.  Anyhow, no wonder AZ left.  Under 6 figures in LA?  That's barely enough to cover the cost of living.  And I don't think Shawn Christian works that often and that's her husband/partner.  

Although I am very confident Ray Ban can afford that table so cool for JS.