DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

But what keeps getting lost to history since not many of us were watching in the 1970's is that the whole Bill/Kate Winograd storyline was about NOT having an affair. The whole gist of Kate Winograd was that she would NEVER have an affair with a married man. That's why she left Salem. She was in love with Bill but could never take her feelings further due to him being married to Laura. 

Laura MISTAKINGLY thinking that Bill and Kate were having an affair is what set in motion what happened to Laura psychologically thereafter. 

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The naming of the character Kate and the retcon that it drove Laura crazy has led to the confusion.

It would have been more feasible had Bill had an affair post 1980 when the character left town-not unbelievable that with his wife institutionalized he might have cheated. And not to have named the character Kate.

• Members

The only way I can make it make sense for me (and even then, I'm grasping!) is to assume Bill met Kate ROBERTS shortly after Kate WINOGRAD left Salem but NOT before he (and Laura) leave Salem (and that the fact that they both were named "Kate" was just a total coincidence, lol).

• Members

It was a plot point written in 1993 that didn't exist in the 1970's, to help tie Kate and Lucas to another storyline in Salem. Same as for John's storyline and Tori Narita. Both involved time frames when the characters (Bill in 1977 and John in 1990's) were on-screen and viewers were watching them each day. Then these two women who had never existed on-screen at the time (Kate Roberts and Tori Narita) were supposedly having affairs with the Salem men, but we just didn't see it on-air.

In Bill's case, it totally upended the whole plot point of the 1970's storyline. He specifically never had an affair (with Kate Winograd, the non-existent Kate Roberts, or any other character), it was just that Laura thought he had done so. 

• Members
FROM THE VAULT: JULIE/STEVE SCENE...EPISODE # 3231...AUGUST 24, 1978...

Here's a look at the Olson sibling dynamic between Julie and Steve from Episode # 3231, which aired August 24, 1978. Susan Seaforth Hayes & Stephen Schnetzer are taping their first scene together this week since December 1979. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Thanks!!! I can't believe Steve wasn't mentioned nor seen for so many years.. he didn't return for hope's weddings, his grandparents' funerals, it's crazy. I'm really glad TPTB bringing him back to help Julie and hope with Doug's passing. I'm counting on Kristian to appear in those episodes, it just won't be the same without her. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

I don't know if this counts, but it popped up, so I put it here

Please register in order to view this content

Along with this tidbit about Jessica Serfaty's fiancée's brother on the Forbes, Billionaire under 30 list - It looks Sloan is doing a bit better than her on-screen husband when it comes to dating wealthy partners.

In 2022, Clemente Del Vecchio, 19, of Italy, earned a stake in EssilorLuxottica, the Italian-French maker of Ray-Ban, after his dad Leonardo Del Vecchio died.  He now has a net worth of $4.7 billion along with his brothers Leonardo Maria, 28, and Luca, 22.

Edited by j swift