DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I had no idea any of those family members were extras in the episode, so that was fun to find out!  I was cleaning out a cabinet yesterday and found some fun Days things to post, so look for more during the week.

BILL HAYES LETTER, 2008...

Here's a letter Bill Hayes sent me, talking about the first script of Doug from 1970, and sending thanks for the 40th anniversary tribute I had posted for Susan back in 2008.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members
Posted (edited)

No idea. But there are some scenes where background people are shown & I don't have time right now to freeze it on those scenes & look. Maybe you or someone else wants to? 

Edit: When I grab the scene & then zoom in, it gets so blurry I can only tell M or F, nothing else. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
more info

• Members

Oh, what fun! I'll take a peek.

The clip didn't give me a lot to work with, but Lynn *might* be the woman sitting to the right of Shawn.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Ooh.  Maybe?  It does look a bit like her.  I have pretty good eyesight and I can't make anything of the video.  IIRC, I think I have seen an article with Wayne and Lynn in that era and she was very blond with long hair.  

She also could have just been at the reception.

ETA NVM I found of few pictures and she was brunette so that definitely could have been her.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Thinking about 1983-84 Days for a moment, and remembering back to when the Soaps of Yesteryear Tumblr was active. One particular item stands out -- that Deidre was going to get a raise and/or a better storyline, thus ensuring that she'd stay. I still wonder: if that hadn't worked out, would Marlena have been a Salem Slasher victim?

• Members

A kind poster has just told me that in scenes with Dick Van Dyke on DAYS, Julie Williams brought up her long-unmentioned uncle Tommy Horton, Jr., saying that he had had amnesia long ago and that he has passed away.

I was so used to Tommy's living in oblivion, with no mention of his whereabouts or what had ever happened to him.

Did Julie give any details about him or his death?

(I'm sure the answer will be no, TPTB wouldn't care that much, but I am curious.)

Thanks in advance.

• Members
Posted (edited)

No. No more information. But he's come up again since then. This was when Julie was telling Leo, Horton family history. In the aftermath of the burning of Horton House. Leo, as gossip columnist, was it seems going to write a serious piece on Salem history for the paper. (This episode was the first & also so far only time I have not hated Leo.)

When Julie was sitting with Robichaux (who DVD turned out to be) he said something she said reminded her of her Uncle Tommy. That's when we found out, amazingly, that Tommy Jr. has passed on. If you are interested enough we can figure the date of the episode & I can get you an mp4 file of it. Although it might already be up on YT. As a matter of fact, I'm going to go now to YT & see.

Edit: Bingo! 

Enjoy! 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
more info

• Members

wow. so basically tom-alice-mickey-bill-addie-tommy junior are all dead. and the only one living is marie. it's sad.

hopefully marie, Jen and hope will return to Doug's memorial and we'll see many many unseen flashbacks. 

• Members

So funny to see how editors title this type of clickbait

No mention that he's an actor, just a Florida real estate agent.  Also, according to the NY Post, this is the third time that Freddy's TikTok has gone "viral", which god only knows who they define that.