DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

oh wow!!! finally, Maggie and Marlena share a scene and actually speak to each other. so happy for that! 

also seeing Marlena's first visit at the Hortons from 1976, such a treasure!!! 

and Julie telling Leo the horton family history, including marie becoming a nun after falling for her long lost presumed dead brother Tommy. 

beautiful episode, honoring the horton legacy. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Elsewhere I said I thought they ought to cast an adult male to play grown-up Dougie & people really liked the idea but that's fans, so again it's unlikely they'd do something like that. Presumably he would now be called Doug. Sigh. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

He’s a character with zero backstory who hasn’t appeared in 50 years. Days doesn’t need another 50+ man on the show, especially one with no connections. 

Hope already has a sibling on the canvas.

Hope has no relationship with Dougie or Steven. How about Hope’s relationship with her children and grandchildren?

• Members

Technically not the first actual time. Tom wasn't in the episode where Marlena went to the house for the first time and met Alice, Maggie and Mike.

BRYAN, WHERE ARE YOU??

I just sent this note to someone at Days. Hopefully it gets to the correct person and Bryan will finally get the credit he is due:

Just wondering what is up with Bryan Dattilo not ever being credited in the past year. The last time he was listed in the end credits was the week of 3/13/23. The last 8 weeks he has appeared (the weeks of 10/16/23, 12/11/23, 1/8/24, 1/15/24, 1/29/24, 2/5/24, 2/12/24, 2/19/24), he is never listed in the credits. Can you pass this note along to whoever types the credits and make sure he gets back in them next time he is on?  Thanks! 

• Members

Whatever it is that's keeping Deidre and Suzanne apart on-screen and off-, I wish the two would find a way to overcome it.  There have been so many times when it didn't make sense for Maggie and Marlena not to be in the same scene.

• Members

Why drag Marlena down like that?

One of my all-time favourite episodes was from 2003 when Maggie was brutally murdered by Marlena. She should have never been brought back.

—————

Ron and his team have been nominated for a WGA award!

https://tvline.com/awards/writers-guild-awards-nominations-2024-list-1235171705/

Edited by Lye-C

• Members

I know we had this discussion fairly recently, but I can't remember who was involved.  Anyway, yesterday Julie clarified Tommy was in the Korean War again.  Given the flashbacks and dates it seems Alice was about 108 when she died.

• Members

There's much in books about Tommy & the Korean War. They wanted it to be, naturally, the Vietnam War but NBC just insisted that they could not even mention it & suggested the Korean War instead which was absurd & did not fit at all with the timeline but the show was stuck with it. 

• Members

it's funny when roman mentioned Sandy Horton "I remember when I was kid, sandy.. Tommy Horton's daugther, we ran through that house day and night"... 

her character wasn't mentioned in years!!! didn't even know she and roman were friends when growing up. 

• Members

I suppose it doesn't really matter now, but it does make Alice/Tom much older than they should be.

I think this has been established before?   I don't know how I know this, but it wasn't a surprise to me, so I assume Roman may have mentioned it years ago.  I think the last time Sandy was on she did interact with Roman/Marlena IIRC.