DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

You might want to read what Eileen Davidson said in a longish interview obviously about playing 5 characters, how it got started, how it evolved, how they overworked her, how Reilly apologized to her, how she won an Emmy, etc. It started because she casually said, "Why don't I just play that part?" when they began talking about casting Susan Banks. And then it goes on. 

Plus if you haven't I would go to Marlena de LaCroix's website & read any & all that she talks about Reilly. 

I realize I have not answered your question. Because I have no idea where any are, or if they are. 

• Members

I have read the interview you’re speaking of and it’s a good one! Sally Sussman created two of her characters as well.

I’ve never seen any video interviews with JER other than one related to Passions, but I have read text interviews with him from TIME and ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY.

• Members

The TIME archive online is excellent, well-organized, easy to read & also easy to capture into Notes. (If you use Chrome & OneNote add the extension for capture.)

I am also sure, as Soapsuds mentioned, that there are copies or scans of articles from soap mags of the time, Digest, Weekly, In Depth, etc. 

Two places I would search are tumblr and Pinterest. Lots of articles are scanned & saved by collectors on both sites. Also if I found out what mag had an article about him I might buy a back copy from SOAP WORLD, which is on the web & is an excellent resource if you can pony up the cash. 

And if it were me, I would also try to read everything that was said when he died. There were many almost eulogistic tributes by people who worked with him or soap journos like Marlena de La Croix. 

• Members

Thank you Donna but that’s a different man with the same name.

I read an interview with JER once where he revealed that Susan was originally supposed to die in childbirth thus royally screwing up Kristen’s scheme but he loved the character and his creative juices were flowing. I’m glad he kept that story going into early summer.

Totally unrelated but I heard that, back in 1990 after Hope and Ernesto blew up, Days filmed a scene afterwards of Ernesto escaping on a motorboat with a tied-up Hope but the show opted not to air it because the audience would be less likely to accept Bo with Carly if they knew Hope was alive. Not sure if this is true or not. I wonder if other scenes that would’ve changed a story have been left on the cutting room floor over the years. 

• Members

12-25-91 Day 33 (2-16-24) In Salem it is Christmas Day & at the Hortons they have the annual traditional hanging of the Horton family ornaments, where there is an individually decoraed ball ornament for every member of the extended family.

Jack fell into the room & landed on the tree which fell completely over. Jennifer & Jack saw each other & looked shocked but then recovered & embraced & kissed one very long kiss & then she pulled away to try to get a look at him, I thought, but then she absolutely slugged him, closed fist!

• Members

Yabbut, remember I now like Cady in the role & have a problem with Missy. And you still like Missy. BITD Missy hadn't made any controversial statements that were homophobic or racist nor had she refused to fly cross country to report for work. And she certainly hadn't had an affair with Jason. Now she's done all of that. Plus, I always had certain reservations about Jack as a rapist.  So you're gonna wish I had not made this reply. Agree to disagree!.

DAYS top couples, in order, lessee, RoMar, Bope, Stayla, Doug & Julie, Bo & Carly, Challie

This past week UglyX formerly Twitter has been celebrating Drake & they had several days of celebrating specific things & the last one was favorite Drake scene on the show. Well my favorite used to be one of those Father of the Year scenes  but it changed last year & became the rooftop scene with the green screen use & the photos through the years & John just sitting with & talking to Marlena while she was literally dying. I consider that scene Emmy reel! 

• Members

Missy has never made any racist comments nor has she not shown up for work.

Shaming someone for having an affair is tacky especially when Scott deserved it. 

Jack is my favourite male character. I hope you hold EJ and Stefan the same regard.

My top couples are Carrie and Austin, Philip and Chloe, Jack and Jennifer, Susan and Edmund, John and Kristen, John and Marlena, OG Shelle, Sami and Lucas, Eric and Greta, Mimi and Rex, Bo and Hope, Kate and Victor, Andrew and Paul, OG Brady and Nicole, and Abby and Max. 

Edited by Lye-C