DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
PEGGIE REYNA NEWS...

Having Steve mention the sign language storyline recently made me check to see how Peggie Reyna (Peggy, Kayla's sign language teacher) was doing, and I was surprised to learn two things I had not known before: She became hard of hearing because of domestic violence, and ABC actually made a TV movie based on her life in 1996  ("Breaking Through" with Kellie Martin and JoBeth Williams). Here's her current bio with more info: https://www.calcasa.org/wp-content/uploads/files/peggie-reyna-bio.pdf

• Members
Posted (edited)
FROM THE VAULT: JESSICA RAINS GUESTS ON "DAYS"...

Another message board was asking about Ruthie, the role Jessica Rains played on "Days" for 6 episodes in 1972. I ended up having 5 of Ruthie's 6 episodes in my files. Only her last episode, 5/29/72, is not available.  Rains is the daughter of actor Claude Rains, who acted from the 1920s to 1960s.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by JAS0N47

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

There was a Little House Reunion last weekend and the Sun got theses quotes

Asked why she was written out of the show, she insists it was her fault because she was new to soap operas and felt she hadn't given the writers what they needed.

She appeared in 77 episodes from 1983 to 1984 and was not the first actress to play Horton.

"I didn't leave the show because I wanted to leave," she admitted.

"I left the show because I think I didn't understand how it worked. You really have to give them something to write for. 

The two "juicy" parts of the story

1. "I'm very comfortable in sweatshirts and jeans. I'm very comfortable without makeup. So, it was a whole new world for me. "And I have very large hands, very large feet. I'm not comfortable in certain clothes. (certainly the silliest quote)
  2. She recalled one unnamed actor who blew up on set while filming Days Of Our Lives, on which she played Sandy Horton for a year before her character was written out. "But there was only one guy one day who blew up on the set. You know how you have a meltdown and you offload and it was very verbal, it was all over the place, it quieted everyone. "It was not pretty but I thought, wow, I've gotten this far in my career and never had that happen and it never happened again. (let the guessing begin)