DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That's immediately what I thought.  Not that they were a couple because I don't TP is into that, but that's just speculation.  It just seems like it was messy with some sort of romantic feelings involved.  But, again, I really can't find much about PS's personal life so it could be an outside messy relationship seeping into her work.

• Members

Perhaps.  But she was literally killed off and that was before anyone was really brought back from the dead on Days.  And it's just TP's word and he was in and out in the 80's as Tony.   If Renee died in the last few years she would have been brought back by Rolf's secret serum.   I have a feeling PS might have pissed more people off or the show just moved in a different direction.  I can't say the show ever needed Renee after she died.  Most of her screen partners were gone or moved on after a few years or so.

• Members

If Kristen married "Tony" in the '90s, then she married Andre. Andre impersonated Tony from the '90s through to the mid-2000s.

I can't fault people for still having issues with Jamey. He made a fool of himself many times. I think he's matured a fair amount since the DC years though, so I was willing to wish him well at DAYS and with his own show. He worked hard for that. It's not to my taste but I can't deny he loves soaps. (I have no real aspirations to work in soaps, because I do other things professionally and because I think in their current form they're a dying cell.)

It is true that Jamey has a particular and profound love for glossy '80s primetime soaps (or classic Y&R) which color many of his beliefs and his taste. He called himself on it once long ago, on a podcast, and admitted he had to acknowledge 'the '80s are over' and things weren't working when Carlivati's GH began to fall apart. But I also agreed with him sometimes even when I didn't want to; specifically, when he raged about Genie Francis never receiving enough credit for saving GH when she was a mere child. (This was part of a tantrum about Geary shivving Ron Carlivati, but still, he was right.)

I am both surprised and unsurprised the Renee story was his idea - it sounded exactly like Teen Jessica from OLTL, and I seem to recall Jamey knowing that story was a bomb at the time. If he was the same obnoxious guy as always I'd be a bit harder on him. But woof, the Renee thing - forget it.

Edited by Vee

• Members

All of my classic DOOL knowledge comes from either YouTube or boards like these, but from what I can remember, Kellam Chandler's mansion was purchased by Stefano and Tony, when they came to Salem. Liz lived there with them since she was married to Tony at the time. When Stefano "died" in jail, Renee inherited the place. When Renee was murdered, Alex somehow inherited the house, even though he and Renee weren't married. (maybe there was a pre-nup? lol)

When Stefano came back in 1984  he was the mastermind of a plot, which included blowing up the Salem Concert Hall during a hospital benefit. The bomb was defused by Eugene Bradford, and Stefano and his henchman Petrov tried to escape. Unbeknownst to them, a drunk Alex had stumbled into the back seat of their car, and caused them to plunge over a bridge into the river.

Alex was saved by Abe and the Salem cops, but it was revealed that the Dimera mansion still technically belonged to Stefano since he never died. Alex was basically broke because Stefano had drained him of his inherited millions, so he sold the house to Neil Curtis and Liz Chandler. So it sort of came full circle with Liz owning her father's old place.

Edited by dolphziggler