DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

It's nice to have seen what I gather is the first big "week" in DAYS history - ie Tony breaking it off with Marie and her attempting suicide. It's frustrating to know that Sony is sitting on all this material and not allowing it to be released even if Corday wanted it to be.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

First scene in this features a 16-year-old Tracey Bregman (pre-Y&R) playing Donna Craig. So weird to see her so young, and yet also marvellous to realise how far she has come with her soap career. She plays such a different character here compared to what would later come along with the role of Lauren Fenmore.

• Members

I read somewhere that Tracey Bregman went to private school with Mindy Cohn. Charlotte Rae discovered Mindy while visiting the school getting information etc... when they were casting Facts Of Life in 1979. Tracey and Lisa Whelchel were both born th same day May 29, 1963. 

• Members

Denise Alexander (Susan) is in the August 1966 batch of the episodes uploaded. I can definitively see now why she had such an impact with the audience and the early years of the show. I'm surprised that she never resurfaced on the show.

• Members

Till the day my mom passed, she was a Marlena/Don fan... moreso than a Marlena/John or Marlena/Roman fan.  She spoke of Tracey Bregman as Donna.. and it's nice to see just one scene of her as Donna.. and understand just a little bit the appeal of Don and Donna.  Plus, seeing Marlena in therapist mode in 1979 explains why the audience took to her back in the day.

• Members

Days spent years building up Don and Marlena then they had the child that died, Marlena was raped, Don cheated with Liz etc

Normally obstacles that would lead to them being re-united but Roman came along and the writing changed to push them that pairing.

I'm sure a lot of Don/Marlena fans felt annoyed.

And then years later the same thing happened when Roman was sacrificed to John/Marlena...

• Members

I'm the owner of the channel but I'm probably going to make it private. I wanted to share my collection but I'm getting so many warnings of it being shut down (from people who are watching it) that I will probably just make it private again. A few of the videos had copyright claims, mainly due to music, but it said that it was either blocked in certain regions or I couldn't monetize it. That's fine. I wasn't going to monetize the copyrighted material. It didn't say I couldn't make the video public. But now I'm getting so many comments from people saying they don't expect the channel to be up for long that I'm getting nervous. I don't want to lose my channel. 

• Members

I always thought early Roman/Marlena still made it seem like Don/Marlena were endgame.  Obviously things change but I definitely think they could have brought Don back in the 90's post-Roman/pre-John reunion.  It's a little silly Marlena just pined away for John for 3 years...I guess the possession/ kidnappings were enough to keep her busy but I always feel like the whole Don thing was slightly unresolved never to be mentioned again.  

• Members

What an interesting idea! Suppose John stayed in Italy for a while after Isabella's death. Marlena's terrorized by Stella Lombard, as planned, but it's a returned to town Don Craig who plays the pit storyline, the re-emergence of feelings for Marlena, conceiving Belle ... Alas, the timeline just didn't work. By the time SANTA BARBARA went off the air, John-Marlena 2.0 was heating up.