DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I still don't understand why they couldn't have brought back Alex Marshall back when Nick was still alive on this show.  Having him, Marie, Jessica and perhaps even Scott might've helped give Nick a firmer footing on the canvas.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Interesting choice. Would you elaborate?

This comment inspired me to re-read Marie Horton's character history. I'd love to see those scenes where she and Alex are trapped in the wilderness. They were trying to stop Mary Anderson from uncovering the truth that they are Jessica's parents, but the plane was sabotaged (by Kellam Chandler ... Alex had a lot of enemies in those days!). Anyway, Marie remembered why she loved Alex and why she ended up fearing him. They come oh so close to re-consummating their relationship, taboo because Marie was still a nun at the time. It's probably just coincidental (and Marie had been a nun for several years already), but if you told me this storyline was partially inspired by The Thorn Birds, I'd believe you.

Edited by Franko

• Members

Except it didn't, really. They'd been consistently #5 ever since Carly was buried alive. The story wasn't necessary, it didn't affect anything long term, and it ended up running too long and negatively impacting their ratings for the first part 96.

Edited by beebs

• Members

They really ran that storyline too long! Their first plans were to cut it off around Easter - at least supposedly. That's what was said at the time. But they were way too out of control. DOOL has a long-term history where the Hortons were Episcopalians and the Bradys, naturally, were Roman Catholic. Remember when Bo & Hope got married in England in a British Episcopalian vestry? But, oh, no, Reilly got busy turning the whole town, the whole shebang, all the people, into Roman Catholics, plopping them down in RC pews,  making John Black an RC priest, and Marlena was Devil Doc lording it over all of them - levitating & having glowing yellow eyes. Honestly, all of my friends were DOOL fans at the time and half of them quit the show. And, the ones who quit the show did not come back. No, they went to GH.

• Members

It was certainly an amazingly long time gap between Bill's drunken rape of Laura one night in the doctor's lounge until the reveal when Mike was a teenager. Mickey was sterile. Only Laura & Tom knew that. If only they hadn't played one of those games "rape or seduction?" Bill Bell, Pat Falken Smith, Gloria Monty, ...