B&B: October Discussion Thread

• Members

Haven't seen the episode you're talking about yet but in the original strok/homelessness in 1991, Ruthanne (the balck woman) threatened Stephanie with a knife to PROTECT her from some creeps who lurking around and ready to rip Queen Stephanie to shreds. Stephanie and Ruth became BFF and Stephanie reunited Ruth with her family. Michelle Davison who played Ruth passed away a few years ago, so they can't incorporate her anymore in this story...

...which's original La Flannery has often cited as her ultimate favorite storyline she ever was part of.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is Bradley Bell we're talking about. The boy that was handed a television show just so he could run it into the ground. To be honest, I was so distracted by the bad writing and storytelling, that I hadn't even noticed the racial stereotypes Bradley was making. Whoa! I think I just had a revelation - Bradley Bell tells the most boring, plot driven storylines that seem like they were written by an 8 year old child just so that we "the viewers" will be so distracted that we won't recognize the blatant racial stereotypes that plague The Bland and the Boring err... The Bold and the Beautiful. <_<

• Members

Thomas and Hope?! Hmmm IDK....any other opinions on these two?? That scene with them at the end seemed like a little chem test.

Adam Gregory (Thomas) has a great bod, but he looked like a straight up orange to me in his scenes towards the end...LOL. He is very tan!

Aggie...ugh. She is coming off as so desperate and clingy for Nick.

I mean, is there more to the homeless girl who stole Stephanie's scarf or what? I'm wondering if that's the last we'll see of her.

• Members

Thomas and Hope is disgusting. They are step siblings and while they dont share blood, they call the same man dad. Im sick of the incestous stories on B&B but they've been doing this type of stuff for years.

Steffy got a position at Forrester International...Im guessing this is how they write her out till next year

• Members

Hunter wasn't that bad; however, can't blame here if the topic of death grief might be a bit menally taboo for her. I'm not her biggest fan by any means but Tylo has had a really rough time. She strikes me as the type who, if she ever started really crying, might never start.

Brad Bell is trapped in 1980 in so far as the way he handles black characters. The current B&B theme is 'Black junkies love old white woman scarfs!' Actually think it is time for B&B to let Stephanie go and let Brooke finally grow up. Brooke and Ridge and the next and future Stephanie and Eric. This would also free up space for some of the jr. cast members.

• Members

I'm for Aggie and Amber fighting over a guy but I think the guy should have been Rick instead of Nick. In fact, Rick should have been the one to help Aggie try to move forward after her rape (given that his half-sister Hope almost got raped and that Bridget was friends with Aggie, etc). If you had built that up for several months, then had Amber come back to Jackie M with her eye on Rick again.. you could have had an instant triangle based on history/character as opposed to plot.

Plus, Nick would have most likely have understood what Bridget was going through and stood by her.. then we could have seen how Jackie/Owen/Bridget/Nick could have worked in both business and personal situations (ala with the baby being owen's).

Of course, what do I know... I'm just a viewer LOL

• Members

I'll say this for Hunter Tylo - she has one rather large, very committed fan base out there in cyberspace, who can always be relied upon to either pimp Taylor SLs or bash her rival KKL - nasty stuff. :rolleyes:

Taylor isn't needed in this SL nor on B&B in general!

If Brooke had to tell someone else about Stephanie, why couldn't it be Felicia instead of the plastic one?

I doubt that Stephanie will die, she'll make a miraculous recovery and Susan Flannery will bag herself another Emmy in the process LOL :lol:

• Members

I am losing respect for Susan every year she claims she's retiring and never does. Let this be her swan song, and then and only then should she get her last and final daytime Emmy. The show can go on without her.

What a good suggestion having Felicia being the one Brooke confided in. But that would require hiring Lesley Kay back and I am suspecting they are out of budget with big named actors who are un-used and therefore a drain on this terribly mismanaged show.

SOAPLOVERS - You have written a much better direction for the way the JackieM Quadrangle should have gone. If I had any respect for Nick, it would have been lost when he acted like the wronged party. As it is, they had a perfect opportunity to give him some balls and once again took the hypocritical wronged man way.

Archived