As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

Paul Lammers discussion. How tough a director he was and he would curse at some of the bad takes..lol. But he was sweet person but during taping he was all business. This is why he was ATWT best director.

Ooooo Benjamin didn't like Scott at the beginning...

Edited by Soapsuds

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'll be skipping that one.

I know we all have our critiques on Michael Fairman (with good reason) but he could really lead a class on how to do these Zoom discussions with soap stars well.  Alan needs to learn the art of moderating a discussion as well as utilizing audio visual aides on screen.

• Members

I like his reunions but they do sometimes fall apart. What he needs to do is come up with a specific set of questions for each actor instead of just playing it by ear. And he does need to lay off on the questions about the quarantine and focus more on the soaps and the actor's careers before and after their time on them.

• Members

It really was.

I just saw the playback around lunchtime today. I only wish that Sony and all these soap opera production companies could see the value in these livestreams and allow these hosts to use video clips. Instagram has a 90 second rule for copyright protection of music, perhaps something could be worked out on YouTube for video clips? Being able to see clips from the actors' scenes truly enhances the discussion, imo.

I'd low-key love for Scott DeFreitas to moderate those Locher Room discussions. He was really good in the Don Hastings/Kathryn Hays discussion.

• Members

Alan is horrible and talking over Scott and interrupting.

Scott Holmes trashing the ending of ATWT. How the show went out in a wimper. How horrible the last few years of ATWT were and how bad the storylines had become.

• Members

Scott Defrietas needs to take over as host. Alan is horrible. All this yelling over his guests is too much. 

I really loved Scott Holmes trashing the show. What the writers and producers did to this beloved show is unforgivable.

Edited by Soapsuds