As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

Except that PB said another actress was hired, and then fired because TPTB were displeased with her work. A potential recast being discussed in theory, but never actually happening, does not correlate with Bruder's account.

There are many long-gone actors and facts from TV's ancient past that are hard to track down on the internet.  Even published books dealing with soaps' histories make egregious errors and omissions. If this recast happened way back in 1961, and she only lasted a minute, LOL, it doesn't really surprise me that she's unacknowledged today.

Edited by vetsoapfan

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Speaking of Patricia Bruder and Ellen Stewart, not long ago, I watched some clips from 1984 when there was a big party/fundraiser/contest and Bob was wistfully watching Kim dance with another man on the dancefloor.  David, who is dancing with Ellen wondered why Bob wasn't dancing with anyone and Ellen glances at Bob, before peering over at Kim and says something like, "I think he'd rather be dancing with Kim". 

Watching this episode from April 1985, on the eve of Bob and Kim's wedding (a really good episode overall) and this montage of their times together before they got married really made me wish there were more episodes posted on YT of their courtship, before they married. 

Unless I'm missing something.  Are there more episodes featuring Bob & Kim's courtship up on YT that I might have missed?

• Members

Watching those group of episodes and seeing the character of Spree, was I the only one who was reminded of DiDi Conn when seeing her?  It's no surprise that the actress whose name is Dana Kaminski (whose name is misspelled in the closing credits of the episode that I was watching) became a voice over actor (I wonder whether she's ever worked with Brian Bloom?).

It looks like she's on Facebook and Twitter, if anyone is keeping track.

https://www.facebook.com/HollywoodActorPrep/      https://twitter.com/__dana__

On YT, I remember seeing someone complain that they longed for the days before the Snyders and the Montgomerys took over the show.  I could kind of see blaming Marland for the Snyders but the Montgomerys (before Margo's paternity became known she was also known as a Montgomery)?? The Montgomery family began on the show and had a good amount of storyline way before Marland took the reins.  Perhaps this person was talking about the 1970s or earlier?

• Members

I would think he was complaining about the Dobson's era where they brought on Lyla and Cricket and then there were Montogomery's falling out of trees, (Margo, then Maggie, who oddly enough started sleeping with Tom when they were in Switzerland where unbeknowest to her, her sister Lyla was dating Tom's dad back in the midwest..) and then Craig.  I don't think it was the amount of Montgomerys but just that every storyline was told from their point of view..even the Tom/Margo thing...( and we never got Lisa pissed off that Johnny Dixon's daughter was after Tom..I would have loved a Fulton/Colin bitch scene...)

• Members

So this person's favorite era was the 60s and 70s then?  

This person also complained about the Snyders, so according to how the post sounded, it came off as though he/they preferred an era previous to when these characters were on the show, which had to be the previous decades.

• Members

Given Irna's quixotic temperament, it's possible that there was a replacement that lasted only a few days until Phillips decided that she hated the new actress.

However, 1961 seems early for this to have happened, as Dan was still a child at that point, and wasn't aged to become an intern at Memorial until around 1966 -67 I think, after Ellen went to prison for killing the blackmailing housekeeper (I believe that Dan and Paul were in high school at the time of the murder). None of this period is particularly well documented.