Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The other day I posted the episode that followed the infamous "Hello Barbara" episode where John Dixon informs Dusty that James, the man that tried to kill them and others on a plane, returned.

Well, good news but I happened to come across the episode where Dusty, John, Gunnar and others are all on the plane that seemingly is headed for a crash. Kind of a bit of strange timing considering the recent news but fortunately this is a soap.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Week of July 6 1956 TV Index newsletter.

Helen Wagner deleted from permanent cast.

I'd read that Irna was not happy with Helen's work and that Helen took some vacation time and let it be known she wasn't that interested in returning which then made mercurial Irna determined to have her back.

That's the first time I've seen an official statement.

• Members

LOL... good move on Wagner's part. What were they going to do with her, kill her off? Have her in the kitchen? Its funny, we rightfully dis writers and producers who kill off legacy characters and write off the vets...and Irna had no problems with it, didn't she also write off Ellen Stewart and she wanted to kill the entire Stewart family in a plane crash...Irna was "hard core."

• Members

I guess that's why both have such clear visual quality!

How I wish SoapClassics had been able to release more sets!

A few of the murder mysteries have been uploaded almost in their entirety to You Tube but strangely have pivotal episodes missing. 

For instance, I'd love to have the complete, uninterrupted Tad Channing Murder mystery to watch because on You Tube, some episodes leading up to the resolution of "Who Dunnit?" are missing.

Something similar happens with the Doug Cummings and Brock Lombard resolutions. Key episodes are not uploaded.

It's just too bad that PGP made things so difficult for SoapClassics to continue on with issuing the sets.

• Members

The 1983 episode was interesting... but I could see why long time viewers tuned out because there were a bunch of characters nobody cared about on the show. 

I assume the lady talking to Bob as they drank a glass of wine was the recast Lisa?  She seems decent and if Eileen had never returned, I could have been alright with this actress playing Lisa long term.  She and Bob had the friendship chemistry... though I wonder who thought Bob/Miranda would have worked as a couple... a fling yes.. but as a married couple?  Thank gosh Bledsoe Horgan had the wisdom to reunite Bob and Kim.. and bringing back Chris/Nancy full time.  Did Nancy ever meet/interact with Miranda?

The actress playing Frannie was cute and all american, but my favorite of the Frannie's wasn't her nor Julianne Moore.. but the final Frannie.

• Members

Betsy von Furstenberg (no relation to Diane) had a pretty respectable theater career.  I think soap fans were adverse to turnover, especially a character who came to be so closely associated with a particular actor.  

Well, technically Julianne Moore was the final Frannie...she was the last actress to appear as the character in 2010 before the show ultimately went off the air.  She's the one they clearly wanted back anyway.

• Members

I applaud any effort to preserve the soaps and make episodes available to the public but I'm often dubious of any site that has typos (The Aides Ball??

Please register in order to view this content

).

With SoapClassics, at least they had the backing of PGP, albeit only temporarily, so this ensured some quality control.

I wasn't among those who streamed when the series was on the AOL Channel, I wonder why that got pulled, does anyone know why that didn't continue?

Boy, nobody can dash the hopes of a soap fan like PGP/P&G!

• Members

Re: the 1983 episode posted - I watched that, I guess it must have been 2016. That was the autumn when I watched all the random episodes I could find of 1980-1985. (Yes - because last year, 2017, I watched 1986 & 1987. Sorry - trying to keep it all straight in my head!) The James Stenbeck DVD is one of only 2 of their ATWT releases that I didn't get before they collapsed. I was so grateful to see the end of James' first stint on the show. I was also grateful for the other few episodes that exist from that time. Getting to see him in all of his youth-glory, and to see some of the James/John rivalry play out, was a hoot.

I can't believe HBS was Margo already back then. She has been with the show much longer than I thought! I guess, now that I think about it, Margo and Tom married in early '83 and Margo was still MC then. So HBS must be very new to the show.  

Also...I'm trying to keep Dusty/James/John lineage correct in my head. James is not really a Stenbeck. Gunnar is though because they were switched at birth? Do I have that right? And Dusty is John's "son" because John married Dusty's mother (James' ex?) and somehow got custody of Dusty when they divorced? So Dusty is actually James Stenbeck's son...but because James isn't really a Stenbeck, Dusty isn't really a Stenbeck either.  That's how it is in my head. Someone PLEASE correct me/set me straight if I have some of that wrong. I'm trying to keep it straight as I go forward with the show!

That just looks like a fan has stolen everything they can off of YouTube and have packaged together a collection to make some money off of work that other people have gone to such trouble to share with fans for free?