Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah, I was going to order the James DVD as an Xmas present to myself. Damn it. 

Dusty is Gunnar's  biological son. Dusty is John's "stepson" via his marriage to Karen ( who had married and divorced James, making her briefly Paul's stepmother as well), who was Dusty's legal guardian after Burke Donovan (the man who raised Dusty) died. Dusty's mother Nicole had died before he and Burke came to town. Dusty was the only true heir to the Stenbeck fortune, which was why James wanted him dead. 

It is one of ATWT's more complicated explanations...lol. (A lot of short term characters who either died or left town involved)  Otherwise you were correct. James wasn't a biological Steinbeck. Gunnar was, but died before Dusty knew Gunnar was his father. 

Edited by P.J.

• Members

Actually, yes, we are lucky to have so many vintage eps of the P&G soaps available on the internet. It annoys everyone when Sony so determinedly deletes Y&R and Days from youtube, but at least we have countless eps of TGL, ATWT, TEON, SFT, AW, etc., to enjoy. (Or, in some cases, to bitch about, LOL!)

• Members

Most of it is on YT, what isn't on YT is the episode where the murderer is officially caught/named.  It goes up to the point where Emily and/or Ellie figure out who "dunnit" (I think) and I think the police are on the verge but there it ends.  The next available episode picks several episodes later.

Oddly, this is similar to the Tad Channing murder.  We see episodes where Hal figures out that the murderer is someone that he knows intimately and recounts the steps but there are several episodes missing in between the time that Tad goes missing (he is assumed to have skipped town, leaving a trail of misery and destruction in his wake) and when the first suspect is (falsely arrested).  The episode where a body must've been found is completely missing from You Tube.

For example, 1986 (and 1991, to a lesser extent) are both good and bad years for episodes posted on You Tube. 

There is a lot that is there (thank goodness) but there are some key cliffhanger resolutions that are missing.  We're literally left hanging in some stories.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Thank you!! I took a screen shot of your explanation so that I have it for the future. I have such a difficult time keeping it straight - they didn't do a very good job in the aughts explaining that. I also spent the better part of a decade thinking that Lily and Holden were related because they never mentioned that Iva was also adopted.

The same thing with Parker. After BH died, the show spent the next 5 years as if Parker was Jack's son. Even casting a dark haired kid for the SORAS. (Or perhaps the SORAS caused his hair to turn color?) My husband only knew me during its last 2 years and it wasn't until the end that I realized he thought Parker was Jack's kid. I had to explain it to him. He asked me about Dusty the other day as well ("Wait a minute. Dusty is John's son?") but I couldn't remember it well enough to explain it!

Yeah - that's why I had some difficulty getting into the Tad Channing murder. (Well, that and that, to me, it was obvious who the killer was during the week long set up.) There's a good month and a half chunk missing, I believe? I just remember it suddenly jumped from the murder just happened (or maybe a little bit after) and then Denise is being "attacked" at Mona Lisa's.

• Members

It helps having lived it.

Please register in order to view this content

And having the bible for some of the finer points. 

LOL over Parker. While BH was alive, they were very conscious of Parker's last name being Munson and Jack respecting Hal's status as dad. Parker didn't even start calling Jack "dad" until after he came back from the dead. But the last few years, the lines totally blurred, and occasionally was referred to as Parker Snyder. Parker's family tree was legit half the town at one point, and as confusing as Lily's. 

As for an teen, dark-haired Parker....he'd already been a red-head (Hal) a blonde (Carly)....so all three of his parents were covered.

Edited by P.J.

• Members

Von Furstenberg made a better Lisa then I remember...I can see why they recast with her when she walked in I thought it was Fulton..and her voice is very familiar. She made a more to the manor born Lisa and didn't have the fire that Fulton had...though it was nice to see a Lisa scene without stuttters, flitty body movements and flirty eye lashes going. Furstenberg was very much a "Lisa grown up and settled" but that ain't Lisa. I wonder what they might have done if they had given her some flipping out meaty scenes ..she was hamstrung with the terrible Whit actor and they just had her standing around. Since they were getting rid of Miranda I wonder if they were going to go into a Lisa/Bob thing again? I llked this Frannie..she seemed "real" (no offense but I never like Marty Stuart whatshername ..she just seemed so..." big" big hair big framed...

Who was the writer at this time? A name flips by at first and then a bunch of writers names.