• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

^^Aww, that was very cool!
I do love how some of the actors have remained close friends from their days on ATWT (.e.g.-Tamara Tunie/Scott Bryce, Julianne Moore/Marisa Tomei, Hilary Scott Bryce/Bailey Smith/Gregg Marx, Colleen Zenk/Hugo Napier.

• Members

That's such a sweet video. I know soaps are often just a job to people so when I see people who have still managed to be close all these years I'm happy. And it makes me all the sadder ATWT just forgot about Bianca, although at least she was spared...

• Members
Posted (edited)

Someone probably knows the ins and outs of that situation better than I but from what I can recall, he was saying that she spent years paying for the insurance policy only to discover that it would not offer comprehensive coverage for her medical needs/expenses when she most needed the coverage to kick in. It’s a sad fact that this often happens with people from all walks of life and at various income levels.

It also happens with home insurance too, where people pay for a policy and assume a certain level of coverage, only to be told that their policy won’t coverage certain things (water damage when they suddenly are informed that they live in an emerging flood zone).

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members
Posted (edited)

Very true.  The report I watched did NOT infer that Hubbard was having financial issues -- it was strictly conveying the frustrations of both Hubbard and her son that the long-term care insurance was refusing to pay.  Such healthcare costs can easily be in the $10-15 thousand range -- per MONTH!  So even those who are well-off (as I assume Hubbard to have been) would want to begin collecting from such policies  -- especially since she had been paying into it for years.

Edited by MarlandFan

• Members
Posted (edited)

Please excuse the typos in my previous post.

My eldest sibling (who tragically passed away last year) went through cancer treatment and things like lab work may not be covered completely. As his caregiver, I know firsthand that someone undergoing chemotherapy, for instance, has to do frequent bloodwork to check red blood cell  and white blood cell counts, to see if they are high enough for the person to receive treatment. It can be once a week or even more, depending on how often someone has to get treatments. Some people endure more than a dozen rounds of chemotherapy. Can you imagine the amount of labs? And the process is made more painful when you are back and forth with the insurance company regarding matters of coverage. My sibling was a Teamster and they are said to have excellent insurance but even after my sibling’s passage, after enduring the process of making funeral arrangements, I still had to be on the phone to his union to sort out the medical bills that were still arriving in his name. It’s very rough and my heart goes out to anyone who has to deal with matters like these.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

@DramatistDreamer @Mitch64 @Soapsuds @soapfan770 @Paul Raven @slick jones @MarlandFan @j swift @Forever8 @Khan @FrenchFan @OzFrog @All My Shadows @Vee @vetsoapfan @Reverend Ruthledge @Matt @jam6242 @P.J. @Liberty City @Xanthe

A very rare (partial) February 1987 episode has been uploaded, possibly most notable for an absolutely vicious Susan/Kim confrontation. They wrote Susan very differently in her brief return compared to when she became a permanent cast member again, and that may never be more apparent than it is here where she gleefully trashes Kim (and Bob in absentia) as hypocrites. My favorite part is when Susan says she did a lot of things but never slept with her sister's husband, to which Kim replies, without missing a beat, "Only because you didn't have a sister."

• Members

Oh yeah, this is during the time that Barbara was snubbing Sabrina. Thanks for sending this my way @DRW50 I do remember those scenes where Susan was gleefully gossiping about Bob and Kim at the hospital and how hypocritical she believed them to be. When we speak about soap opera character feuds, ATWT is criminally underrated. That exchange between Susan and Kim was

Please register in order to view this content

, it’s right up there with Lisa and Lucinda. And Barbara and Shannon was pretty fiery-I could only imagine how far it might have gone had Duncan not been refereeing between them.

A thought just crossed my mind-had Brian Bloom stayed on and not left when he did, I bet it wouldn’t have been long before there was a continuation of the triangle and down the road a WTD storyline. Brian Bloom’s leaving changed a lot of story projection in that direction, I bet.

• Members

Thanks for this - I'm still in fall '86. I saw Susan reappear briefly I think during the anniversary and of course they brought Emily back not long after, so I wasn't sure when exactly she came back permanently.