Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yes, Carl, thanks. Oakdale, the land of really bad Christmas sweaters.

Interesting on how dour the later episode is compared to the earlier one. I think Marland was starting to slip and made the show darker and more depressing.

Also, I forgot how dour Scott was. Poor Lisa, really gave birth to two bores.

• Members

I think the Andy/Courtney wedding episode was supposed to be the happier Christmas moment.

ATWT was very dark in 1992 (although for the most part the writing seemed to pull it off, minus the meandering Gavin stuff, and dreary Rosanna). I do wonder if he would have made a happier 1993 if he'd lived.

Did you get to see the Eileen Fulton circus article?

I have a recap from that same issue. I'll try to find it later.

• Members

LOL....Evil Carly!!!! You can't tell exactly what's going on storywise---but I know she and Mike bang on NYE and she gets knocked up with Nora.

That ending little montage and Bob reading 'Twas the Night Before Christmas---that is ATWT to me.

Oh, and WTH? Strawberry blonde KIM?

Edited by P.J.

• Members

Thanks for postingsmile.png The Hughes restaurant scenes are truly touching. There's genuine warmth there probably because most of the actors at that table had known each other for decades.

Poor Lyla, she seems so unconnected to her children in these scenes. Did they fly in Anne Sward for a limited engagement with the show? These scenes seem as if she was dropped in the middle of this ongoing story line. I just don't see as much of a bond here which is so strange because from what I remember Lyla was deeply bonded with her children. Seeing Simon push the envelope was fun but the rest of those scenes were a bit of a mess.

Where was I in life that I haven't seen this before? I must have had a huge assignment due or something.

That final B/W scene was lovely to see. I don't know whether to believe P&G's oft repeated phrase about 'wiping' out episodes. What about kinescope? You often hear about reels that were thought destroyed turn up in some other format. Sadly, I don't think P&G cares to confirm that it is definitely impossible either way. That's how little they regard their former cash cows that just happened to have a loyal following and at one time critically acclaimed.

• Members

I'm sure there is some soap stuff out there, but none of the networks care about finding it, so it's probably rotting away. I do hope some is still around.

There are some ATWT episodes from those years which are around and haven't been released, just shown briefly in clips. I hope we get to see those eventually.

Lyla was only one on or two days. Given how awful Terri Conn and Hunt Block were, I can see where she wouldn't be able to connect to them in scenes. By this time I also don't think Ellen Dolan was anything like the Margo that she'd been close to.

I do wish they'd brought her back for the end, but they didn't care.

I guess I should be happy she ever came back at all.