OLTL: Discussion for the week September 13

• Members

ABC's love affair with Michael Easton is embarrassing. It's amazing how many actors have had to be used to prop his sorry ass up. My personal favorite is, of course (to those who know me), Matthew Ashford. TPTB thought that McBain would rivet the audience, a la Johnny Depp, in the Music Box Killer story. Instead MA had to carry his sorry ass to make the story at all tolerable.

Ironically, it was somewhat reminiscent of their time on DAYS. TPTB thought that Tanner Scofield was the next big thing. And Jack was just a nerd. But Ashford had to carry the show while they experimented with trying to build their star. Ultimately, they just gave up on him and shipped him off with a happy ending. (No, not that kind of happy ending)

I don't think Darren can be fairly compared to Spinnelli--one is popular; the other is not. One is portrayed by a good actor; the other is not. I don't see any reason why a couple that's been together for 4 1/2 months shouldn't have sex. But I can't imagine why Destiny would want to go out with this loser to begin with.

Steve

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not sure if Spinelli is that popular now.

They both serve a purpose -- Spinelli is there to worship the characters Guza wants us to worship. He stands in for Guza. That's why Spinelli pants after Jason and Brenda.

Darren is there to remind us who to root for (Nate), but also to make sure Destiny does not continue to be seen as the stranded token, which she was last year, and is also a way to make sure that fans don't speculate on a Matthew/Destiny relationship. I think he is also there because the show can use him to feign diversity.

• Members

So, is Lang gonna play Ford now, get her little revenge, but he's gonna fall in love for real and then we're supposed to feel all sorry for him? Fat chance.

Hate what they're doing to Cole.

I hate seeing the click-click-click of the writers' minds on screen paving the way for James and Twee'col.

• Members

I can't stand Natalie, never liked her, won't start liking her now. Natalie grates on my last nerve. And, I cannot stand John and Natalie.

There is nothing I like about them. Michael had the potential to have pairings with women of his own age range and he had great acting

rapport with all of them - Renee Goldsberry, Kassie DePaiva, and Susan Haskell. But yet, those pairings were destroyed, every time to

have John and Nat reunited, rinsed, recycled, reused. It's time to end John and Nat for good. I certainly hope the baby is not John's.

The baby of John and Marty's should have been born. It was senseless to kill that one off just to have another one pop up in what seemed

like a minute. Oh, I just hate the whole baby story. It's one huge mess! I know, all of this is just my opinion.

• Members

Word. HOW has he survived this long?!?! And the characters endlessly going on about how he's saved them constantly, etc (when from what I can remember he's also put them in danger an awful lot...)

OK I hate to pick on Destiny, but just as I was liking her, and thinking the actress was finally really appealing--she's starting to suck again. The worse was when she did the cutesy hug for Todd, etc--REALLY? that's how you behave when people just lost someone they loved? Grinning like you're the cutest thing in the whole world?? Mayeb she just can't pull off the heavier material.

• Members

THIS is brilliant. I leave for a few days and miss magic like this?? Wow. And it actually looks WORSE than a fanmade facebook promo! Wow. They should really be proud. I bet that voice over lady had to do multiple takes as she read out those great quotes. Wow. Story, character, be damned cuz LADIES (no quotes form any guys of course :P) they are HOT! They'll make you MELT! No need for your Chippendale calendars or Fabio romance covers! :wub::wub::wub: I want promos like this, ALWAYS. I wonder if they asked to use the FB quotes (I'm on the official FB OLTL and AMC things, and now am worried about what I write. Or wait, maybe I should do what third rate movie critics who want their quotes and names in ads do and make everything I say a perfect quote!)

:lol:

And the Eli reveal was AWFUL, but we've had, waht, three long "big bad criminal spills his ENTIRE plan in monologue" scenes with hi so far. Nevermind that each seems more confusing, random, and unlikely to work than the last. And really, I know he's threatening Greg's family but if Greg just killed him instantly in St Kitts who would really find out??!? Would anyone even be the wisert hat he wasn't still in Kitts?? Does Eli have tons of minnions? Wait maybe he's another cult leader! Or maybe he's tied into Mitch! See, I can be just as brilliant as Ron C!

Archived