OLTL: Discussion for the week September 13

• Members

And I loathed everyone of those pairings and love John and Natalie so whose to say whose opinion is more important? I think it will be a messy, soapy ride, but in the end, the baby has to be John's, imo. Marty's pregnancy was nothing more than a plot point that never should have occured in the first place.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Um- did you see all the people who signed the visitor book at Tea's memorial? Kyle, Oliver, Sierra Rose, Rachel, Darren/Theo, Vivian............ aside from the fact that several of those include people who were FIRED, to happen off screen it's just annoying. Most people assume Tea's not dead- and to skip actually seeing her die AND her memorial service is just... eh.

Cristian was on there- but not Carlotta? And adding all the names of the people who aren't even around- they couldn't even add Antonio?! :rolleyes:

• Members

So, was this that huge reveal? Typical ABC, hyping something we already knew or had a very large inkling it was going to happen

this way. To me, it was a big letdown because this wasn't a huge reveal. It was a blip on the radar.

• Members

Annoyed the memorial was offscreen. RC keeps missing the emotional tearing at audience heart string scenes.

I too noticed Cristian and no Carlotta. How stupid to miss a chance to have Todd welcoming all these people who hate him to Tea's service and dealing with it all. Show us a montage too. Instead we got a few posters blown up that's it. Very big letdown.

However, it was saved by the ending 2 minutes. I knew she was live and still I was excited to see her and I liked the shots of Todd sitting there with her smiling picture staring at him as he demanded she return to him.

I don't think this reveal was for the tiny audience that posts on message boards. We're jaded.

It's for the general fan who isn't spoiled at all.

• Members

Tea "dies" and not a single Vega shows up at her funeral? Todd wasnt her only family in town

Dang, me dropping OLTL lasted all of 2 days. I didnt expect her back till at least October, posibly Nov sweeps

Kelly as a character has been a big fail since returning. Sucks but Ive seen more potential with her and John which doesnt say much considering how much of a dud he is.

• Members

Nice to see that even after Daphne was fired, Rachel still exists as a Tea prop. And Kyle and Fish too. They all had such meaningful relationships with her. Then again all Tea relationships boil down to -- isn't she wonderful and isn't Todd the best?

I wonder if they went around punching people in the face in her honor.

• Members

No Vegas allowed, no Viki either! RC couldn't allow fans to actually remember that Téa had other friends who loved her and would have supported her during her cancer story, b/c that would wreck his contrived and atrocious propping of Sainted earth mother Blair. Téa had to be completely isolated and made into a helpless child who had no family or friends so Blair could swoop in and rescue the little waif. Gag me.

Viki wasn't allowed near Todd or Téa b/c then viewers would naturally question why the heck Téa wouldn't naturally ask Viki to mother Dani NOT her arch enemy Blair. The last thing Téa would ever do is put her child smack in the middle of T&B's toxic relationship but RC rewrote her character to suit his needs.

So no you won't see Carlotta or Viki allowed to truly mourn the woman they truly loved. That doesn't suit RC's script of shoving Blair down Todd's story. Again.

Kelly has been a massive fail. Alas for GT, she's had one atrociously bad story after another. Throwing her at Rex has become a contest of who can make funnier faces.

• Members

The only one who gets shoved around in Todd stories are the women. Period. There is not a single scenario in 15 years in which some other lead has been victimized to prop up Blair. Ever. She has been the whipping post for aeons.

This goes down to fanbase subjectivity which I have absolutely no time for. The fact is the show shuffled the deck with Todd and Blair and Todd and Tea over and over, but the only characters in that equation the show has ever prioritized as individuals or Todd and Tea. Go back and look and name me a single instance in which Blair won a major arc against a contract player who was not leaving the show. I like FL, but that's the honest truth. You don't see a story all about Blair and a new man. You see Blair's entire storyline or character constantly inverted to serve Todd and/or Tea's problems. For years.

Archived