OLTL: Discussion for the week September 13

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hadn't looked at that first clip in over a year but when I caught some of the Langston/Ford stuff again I just had to find it. Does anything sum them up better :lol:

Steve Holden is waking up, but he's told Gabrielle that he is Rex's father, and it's true this time.

• Members

that video so annoys me. I think they made a calculated decision to go after the 90210 or Gossip Girls age group and the rest of the viewers be dammed. Huge mistake longterm. I may have to permanently give up on the show. i've had about enough of the Fords and stupid stupid women.

• Members

Okay. I need a moment. Did they really just make a promo about those boys (as if they even NEED a promo as much as they are pushed on this damn show) using fan quotes from FB?? :mellow: I quit.

I also thought Vivian was out of line but she got the save when she said that Mrs. Evans asked her to say something. Of course Phlyicia doesn't seem like the type who'd need some other woman teaching her dorter the facts of life, but sometimes these things are easier to get across from someone other than your parent. As long as this saves OLTL from paying Tonye Patano for the day Mrs. Evans is trying to get the message across.

But Destiny and Darren sure did happen quick. One day she was swatting him away as he buzzed around her head, a week later they were going steady. :blink:

• Members

Wait -- is that ad real???

Are you sure they weren't inspired by the photo which used to be in the AMC threads here with the teenage girls giggling?

Who watches a show because someone on Facebook likes it? Nothing against Facebook but isn't that kind of like the movie ads where you have BEST FILM OF THE YEAR!!!! and then in very small print is "Yonkatonka Daily Pennysaver"?

• Members

I have no research to back this up, but just from people I know and talk to, I would say the folks watching SoapNet are LATE 20s/early-mid 30s women who watched 90210 back in the day, and on up. Sure, there are younger who will watch OTR or whatever, but that promo isn't even sophisticated enough for Teen Nick. Degrassi promos are much more intelligent than that. -_-

• Members

I'm not a Darren fan, he's reminding me more and more of GH's Spindork. However, I really enjoy Shaun and Destiny scenes as I think SE does her best work opposite SR. She really sells the siblings relationship.

I've liked Vivian actress first saw her but this off-screen romance with Shaun doesn't cut it. Shaun sells best in protective teddy bear mode.

I was taken aback that Mrs. Evans asked Vivian to talk to her daughter after safe sex... hmm, doesn't sound like her at all.

Overall today was better show than most of last week's dreck. I enjoyed Todd & Dani fessing up their lies, Brody reminded me why I really liked him but alas he's cruising for a major fall with his lying. BEST part of today was NO FORDS IN SIGHT.

Very stupid writing and way too many cutaway shots with super sleuth John guessing Eli's plan before he confirms it all.

It's toss up whether TT or MW win the most one-note acting award.

Archived