Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

The episode should have been 2 hours. The Sue Ellen scene at the end had me tearing up. Dammit they should have brought everyone back. Interesting Pam was mentioned at the end. So does Bobby know who killed JR?? It sure seemed like it.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sure Pam will return in the season finale. Either VP is pulling a fast one on us or there will be a recast. At this point I wouldnt mind seeing MM again as Pam. Why do they insist if she is alive...Pam played by MM said she only had a few months to live but we never saw her die onscreen. I am also positive Pam shot JR and was the woman seen in Mexico......I have a feeling JR had her all along..thus his remark to Rebecca about getting rid of one Pam already.

• Members

At this point I think Victoria Principal is right to stay away from the reboot.

I was so disappointed with the funeral.

I hate Sue Ellen all over Gary. I hated Bobby's attitude. The dialogue given to Lucy, Ray, etc. all just felt forced. Why not show flashbacks too? IDK. I really didn't know what I expected but to say I was disappointed is actually an understatement.

I'm not being smart by saying it but what parts did you like?

I wanted to like Sue Ellen drinking but it felt a bit hollow to me.

I also rolled my eyes at Emma and John Ross. The fight was stupid. Mandy, Callie and Sue Ellen playing nice felt fake and forced. Not to mention the horrible lines they gave them.

• Members

I DID like Bobby finally tearing into Anne. That was fun.

Yes. In a way it makes sense that "JR once again drove her to drink" but nothing's explained on this show. It's all quick scenes and cuts. Jesse Metcalfe gets what feels like a 10 minute monologue and the vets who matter get a 2 second cameo.

I'm also not feeling that great so maybe I'm just not in the best mood but I really was looking forward to this and it all just felt so terribly put together.

And did we need as much focus on Emma? And Ryland? I love Pileggi and I'm kinda liking bastard Ryland but they couldn't have sidelined him this episode? Was that scene needed where he was threatened by guns at Southfork?

• Members

Emma shouldnt have been on tonight. It should have been all about JR and his past. Sue Ellen never had ill well against Callie.....she actually felt sorry for her when she married JR but Mandy is a different story. They ended their partnership badly...there should have been bad blood with them still after all these years.....I am sure had Katzman been alive he would have wrote those scenes with Mandy and Sue Ellen differently. Yes, it would have been great had they shown flashbacks of Sue Ellen calling Mandy the winger tramp.

• Members

Oh i agree...Elena was at the funeral yet Mandy and Callie werent?? Where were JRs other sons?? They could show up now to claim the business and fight John Ross for it. Where is Lucas Wade?? He should be fighting Christopher for his share too since he is rhe real Ewing....Where was Jenna Wade?? I am sure PP would have done one episode or Morgan Fairchild....

The episode went by too fast and was too choppy....long gone are the days when soaps did long scenes..

Where was the Cartel JR dealt with??? I know some of those actors are still alive...they should have been there...no Marlee Stone...shame....

• Members

Oh, I know that Callie and Sue Ellen were on good terms. I was fine with that. I did like Sue Ellen subtly reminding Mandy that she had years of JR cheating on her, which of course was a backhanded reminder to Mandy about that. I liked that line. I'm not saying I wanted a catfight or anything lol, IDK, it all just felt rushed. It really did need to be longer.

And I remember reading that Deborah Renard (Sly) was cut out of the episode after they started talking to her about appearing.

And is Ted Shackelford sick or just getting older? Wow.

Linda Gray still looks so damn fantastic. I thought she and actually Josh Henderson did a good job. Patrick Duffy also did good. I hated the scenes in the beginning with Carlos and the police. The dialogue writer should be fired.

Archived