Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The way they wrote Cliff was just awful. The guy wouldn't kill his own daughter just to get EE. I am not even sure why they brought JVA back since she had maybe 90 seconds of screen time. Is she slated to be on next week as well? I have to say the make up dept deserves an emmy award for the way they made her look presentable. John Ross continues to grow on me, and I liked the scene where he and Christopher were on the same side against Pamela.

• Members

Wonder if the show thinks Katherine stayed dead after the dream season or not? Rumour had it these writers wanted to bring back Kristen until someone mentioned to them that she was dead.

The only reason I could see why Val/Gary were not focused on was maybe due to the Knots landing aspect. Perhaps they were allowed to bring them back but only if there were no references to KL? I know i'm stretching, but could be possible.

• Members

That was really despicable of Cliff. That's character assassination style of writing right there.

I believe Chris said that Val's episodes were cut down from three to one but there's no way they could just leave it at that. If they do, they should have just written her out and saved her for later, this single, solitary episode would be pathetic.

• Members

The writers are sick. I understand Cliff becoming more dark and tragic, but the only thing he cared about was his family. Hell, he was even friends with Bobby. The way they're writing him doesn't make sense. He should be a regular character and his motivations should be more clear. I HIGHLY DOUBT Cliff would've put his nephew and daughters life in danger. No amount of years can make me believe that. Then killing off Katherine was so stupid, especially since Pam isn't going to return. I think that was a writers screw up and they just assumed she was dead.

My BIGGEST disappointment was with Valene's return.Gary and Val are the only characters they brought back properly by developing a brief backstory that leaves you wanting more...yet nothing came of it. Gary had 10-15 episodes worth of story crammed into 3 episodes and BOTH of Val's scenes left me wanting more, but again we got NOTHING. That first scene should've let into a second scene with Gary and the scene with Sue Ellen should've been followed by a lot more. That is a beginning not an ending. Fans aren't expecting too much, they're just expecting follow through on the scenes that THE SHOW is giving us.

I feel like they use these returns and old actors for buzz, but they don't know or care how to really use them. Lucy, Gary and Val are core characters who weren't used much in the original so there are a ton of things the writers can do. Gary fit in PERFECTLY at Southfork. Finally Bobby had somebody new to interact with and Sue Ellen as well. I'm not talking romance either, he just fit in very well. And Val and Lucy were such a waste. It was just weird.

Archived