AMC: Actor OUT?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Color me surprised. At least he hasn't been fired like Nelson said.

Losing David would be a terrible blow to AMC but I'm always an actor fan first so if VI can't get what he wants out of negotiations then I won't blame him if he walks. He needs to squeeze ABC for every dime he can get.

• Members

Figures that this was a network-mandated negotiation ploy since it's so not like Kreizman and Swajeski to actually have anything happen on the show. And the build-up to David's death or "death" (depending on how things go) could have been so much better. You can tell that this was something that only came into being with a couple of weeks of warning.

And I hate that SOD et al. are willingly participating in ABC's games. I don't believe for a second they didn't know what was really going on.

• Webmaster

This...this is why SON is positioning itself as the anti-soap press. We're slowly getting there, yes, but we're going to get there. I don't know about the other soap sites, but SON tries to maintain journalistic integrity without going the route of gossip land that some have used to get to where they are. Every one of our news articles are news reports, not a bundle of trash talk riddled with minor facts here and there. Did anyone actually believe Tea was dead? Heck, many of you don't even believe David is (despite all the stuff coming out now). We don't want to spoil the fans, but the fans don't need to be lied to in order to move a storyline. Oh, and Carolyn Hinsey said if it is in Soap Opera Digest or TV Guide, it is true. Well Vincent Irizarry being out wasn't true it seems, so retract that!!!

• Members

http://www.facebook....ll/474287751899

Vincent just posted this on his Facebook. The highlighted part sad.gif

Thank you to all...

by Vincent Irizarry on Tuesday, September 7, 2010 at 7:47pm

I am so touched by the overwhelming support I have received over these past few days from the many fans of All My Children. Regarding my character's sudden end and any previously reported news of negotiations between me and ABC, those statements were not authorized and premature. Unfortunately, there's really not much more I can say at this time except how truly appreciative I am for all the comments on websites and message boards which have been written in support of my work and my character. There would be no doubt to me whatsoever, if I do return to AMC it will be in greater part because of this wonderful outpouring from all of you who love the show and David as much as I do. I am forever grateful to all of you…

• Members

^ My feeling is VI said too much before, now he's being forced to retract. HOWEVER, his status is the same, that he's still under contract and negotiating a new contract, but now they'll simply go completely underground with it, which is what TPTB should have done in the first place with the magazines. IOW, the next piece of news we'll hear is when VI's new contract is finalized! :)

Archived