AMC: Actor OUT?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Given that Vincent has carried a lot of the show since his return and is a focal point of so many stories it's odd they would play hardball. I'm not sure what else they would have lined up, unless Rylee are suddenly threatened by Ryan's evil doppleganger Bryan.

• Members

The thing for me is why would they go through all of the trouble of having David find about Greenlee's betrayal if he was just gonna die right afterward? And who originated the "puppeteer" terminology to describe post-death!David's activities? Unless he committed suicide after leaving evidence to set it up like a murder, I don't see how he'll be puppeteering anything.

• Members

Maybe puppeteer was the wrong word for it, but if VI is really out, my guess is David must have a safe deposit box full of evidence against the residents of Pine Valley. We know he's set up Greenlee for Erica's plane crash and he figured out that the Hubbards & Madison were covering up Henry's death. Maybe he's going to have Liza release a bunch of this stuff during the inevitable murder trial?

• Members

There's really no question in my mind that this is pretty close to accurate. They're reporting he's out, then he reports he's in negotiations. They find out he's said he's in negotiations and have him backtrack and then repeat that he's out ... to keep face for their "David's [really!!!] dead" story.

In translation...

"We are sorry to lose Vincent due to his time off until January 2011, but we couldn't resist this amazing story and ratings stunt. We'd like to thank Digest, Weekly, and In Depth for their participation in our fantastic trick. Expect many unexpected twists and plot developments - the pinnacle of them being David revealing he faked his death early next year seconds following somebody's execution [or wedding]!"

I have no inside information about this - so please don't go reporting any of the above as fact (for ex: "I just read he's returning in January!") - but I'm quite positive this will be proven accurate by around February 2011.

• Members

Yeah, but no one (and I include the people who are offline) buys into this stunt. This is the price that soaps pay for years of refusing to kill off major characters and let stay dead. Good news for AMC is probably save some dough until VI returns.

• Members

I can't tell you how much I wish you were right but one look at the AMC Facebook page will show you that LOTS of people are buying into this stunt. Not everybody, not by a long shot but easily 50-70%. OTOH, when this turns out to be a hoax/stunt I may very well file a complaint with the FCC just to remind ABC that they don't operate in a vacuum.

Archived