GH: Another Q Bites The Dust!

• Members

Long time away and reading this just makes me sad. Yeah it's not a shock and yeah it probably should have happened a long time ago, but seeing this in print, seeing that yet another Q is pretty much gone is still sad. Yeah I know Tracy is still around but only because of Luke and John Ingle, I suspect is recurring or soon to be also.

It's just like the final nail in the coffin for me. No I don't watch GH anymore and I adore VM but even she couldnt get me to tune back in. So much has changed and the show just doesn't resonate with me anymore. I feel about GH now as I felt when I finally let AMC go after years, sad, not angry, sad. And it's not 5 years ago when you could say if they did this and this and this perhaps things could change. Well they have changed and moved on as many things do.

Now I dont believe putting LC in a front burner storyline would have garnered many more viewers but integrating vets with newbies to help them develop and solidify them to the canvas is an area I think GH really fails on. Brook Lynn is back? Well Im happy for that but has she really interacted with family at all? If not why even bring her back and just not another random newbie.

And just a note, its rumored that both LC and JE had indicated some time back that if they were put on recurring they were done. Not interested so while SID is saying LC is recurring, I'm not sure I believe it. I think SoapBoy or whoever said it is correct. I think it's easier PR for the show to say a fan favorite is on recurring than to say they've been fired. Look at the retailiation they got when they axed Stuart Damon only to bring him back as a ghost due to fan backlash. I suspect saying she's on recurring saves them some face and in all likelihood LC doesn't really care.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh you are such a sentimentalist. You do realize when Stuart Damon was fired why. One of the writers who was interviewed sometime after than said that the Q's were being diminished due to the fact ABC Mgmt felt they were all old and fat. No kidding. Now does ABC mgmt mean Phelps, Frons, Guza or is it higher than that I have no clue. But Its very unlikely any real vet aside from Luke will ever get a story again.

• Members

Brook Lynn hasn't spent time with her family. She has bad credit card debt and Carly agreed to pay the debt if she would seduce her old boyfriend Dante. Brook Lynn gave him a drug and would have basically raped him if Lulu hadn't walked in.

I'm glad to see your posts again, and I agree with what you said -- it's more sad than anything else.

• Members

Well I'm glad Im not watching. Reducing the Q's to this nonsense is more than I think I'd be able to understand at this point. But of course Carly is the prototype for all women on GH not Robin so I guess it shouldn't be a shock at all. And why am I not shocked at the fact she's spent no time with family. Why call her Brook Lynn. Why not just Carly number 2 from Brooklyn and not be connected to anyone. What was the point.

• Members

She hasn't been fired, she isn't going anywhere. TPTB probably just saw her as the most expendable vet of the Q's. I am an occasional viewer of GH, and see at least 5-10 people who could be fired, and the show wouldn't change one bit, and she wasn't one of them. It's sad she isn't on contract, but she's still with the show, and was barely seen anyway. She was never going to get some kind of renaissance (ala Maggie Horton on Days), so this is really no big deal IMO.

• Members

I agree with your post. Seeing it in print is bad.

I'm kind of torn. Part of me hopes that LC will at least stick around on recurring, so I can still see her a few times a year...But part of me hopes she shows them what assholes they are, and walks. Same goes for JE...I love them, but I would hate to see them degraded to extras like previous vets who this has happened to.

I agree. I am a hopeless sentimentalist. And for me, it's better to think of and play out the storylines GH SHOULD be exploring in my head, then to just forget about the characters I grew up with and love.

And wow. are you SERIOUS!? That's sickening. I thought it was just a hate for history...But "fat and old"? They should be ASHAMED. Sounds like Phelps and Guza to me.

• Members

After what happened with Anna Lee(yeah I know she was old and ill etc) and how that was handled, Id rather LC leave with her head held high and not look back. I remember the interview I read with her after Stuart was fired and they both (both LC and SD) were so sad about it, it almost made me want to cry.

People have a right to be glib about it and yeah Monica has not been a factor on the show for years so I have no doubt viewers wont even notice, but seeing someone work somewhere for 30 years in any business and get tossed aside like they dont matter(even if she really hasnt for years) just makes me sad and want to see her walk away with her head held high. Yeah the entertainment business is ageist, I get that, yet it doesnt help. I really wish they'd actually respect her enough to give her a sendoff but it's likely they don't want to draw a lot of attention to her departure.

• Members

Yes. Yes she has.

If today's headline was "Charleson out at GH," and then every six months, we got "Charleson returns for GH guest appearance," it would be no different from what's really happening. "Ima putcha on recurrrrrrrin', boo!!" doesn't always mean the person is out, but in the case of Leslie/GH? Come on, let's not act like the writing hasn't been on the wall for years. If they took her off contract simply because they couldn't keep paying her, and if they plan to continue using her as much as they currently are, then it screams MONEY!MONEY!MONEY!MONEEEEEEHHHHHH!!!

And we know who's probably getting a hefty paycheck.

If anyone thinks GH has any interest in the Quartermaines right now, they're sadly mistaken! When the average age of contracted family members is 73(!!), then the lights is out.

• Members

...Wrong soap...

Anna Lee's whole departure was a travesty. There was no reason to do that to a little old woman. She was ill, but unless SHE said "hey, i'm too ill to tape anymore..can lila have a goodbye story?" then there was NO reason to do what they did to her. I agree, I want to see LC leave head held high. I guess we'll have to wait and see if we continue seeing her as much as we do now. I doubt it though.

And it is sad. Especially when she is willing to work, and loves it. It's not like she's asking to be let go. She's been pushed aside for years, but I've never heard her say she didn't want to continue working at GH. but yet they throw her away and people say "she hasn't been important for years no loss."...That's not on LC. That's on Guza.

Archived