GH: Another Q Bites The Dust!

• Members

I'm not kidding. If this is true, I very likely will stop being an everyday GH viewers. And if Monica dies, then that's the final straw for me.

Sure Monica isn't on all too much anymore, but it's not becase people don't WANT her to be. And when someone has been with the show for over 30 years? Never left? Put up with being backburned to hell? That's what you call loyalty. But yet she get's [!@#$%^&*] on, over and over again. And this goes, not only for her, but for all the vets. Jackie Zeman, John Ingle, Denise Alexander, etc.

And more likely than not, this is because of VM. And the fact that GH would throw aside a loyal actress, who was popular before anyone knew Vanessa Marcil was, just so that VM can come back for five minutes and leave again? I honestly hope Leslie Charleson lands another huge job. Maybe Laura Horton on Days.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, Lord... This is just... It's just... I just can't.

Sorry, I don't want to be rude and devour you like an evil dragon from the depths of the ocean, but — WAKE UP and STOP FANTASIZING. For your homework: learn the reality of soap business today (and for that matter — in every other epoch, people are fooling themselves if they think it was different "back then") and the [insert number] principles that rule it. What are all these clichéd posts about loyalty, "people want her", "I will stop watching", "she will land a faaaaaaaaaab job on another soap, you betcha"? It's just childish, naïve, people don't even laugh or rolleyes.gif to all that ..., they just skip such posts.

• Members

Oh for a second there I thought Brook was getting killed off

With that said, Im not upset about this nor should this be a surprise. She's a waste of money. She has not been utilized and from a financial standpoint, it doesnt make much sense to keep her on contract. I dont see this affecting anything at all as business will go on as usual. Its not like she's fired and we will feel a change in GH. She has essentially been recurring for years. This only makes it official and Im surprised ti took this long as it should have happened a long time ago

Exactly. This is not a big deal at all.

• Members

well some soaps showed loyalty. DOOL was great to Frances Reid and never cut her. AMC kept an obviously infirm James Mitchell for years. For the amount of time LC worked they could have kept her to just pop in once every few weeks. They won't now. We see with Jackie Zeman that recurring on GH is not the same thing as recurring on DOOL.

• Members

Maybe I wasn't being 100% honest when I said I would stop watching. If she died, there is a very good chance. But it really just pisses me off. And what's the point of letting her go? I will never for the life of me understand why Guza hates the Q's so much. They're so much a part of what General Hospital IS. And when you have Leslie Charleson, a superb actress, who is willing to work as much as they want. She's obviously loyal, she's stayed with GH for 30 + years..Why would you not use that? It's NOT because she is an unpopular character. I guarantee you, if Monica Quartermaine had a front burner storyline right now, despite what they might say right now, at least 90% of the SON posters who watch GH would be thrilled.

And it makes no sense. Throw away a legacy fan favorite for Vanessa Marcil, who will for damn sure, not be here in two years. Hell, she probably won't be here a full year, the minute she gets a recurring role on some lackluster primetime show. It doesn't make sense, because Leslie Charleson clearly wasn't going anywhere on her own, but yet they'd rather have five minutes of Brenda, then use anyone else. Worse yet, she did absolutely squat for the ratings.

It's a damn shame.

• Members

You're right, I admitt, in the heat of that moment, I was pissed. I would be pissed and possibly stop watching, if she died however.

Maybe this all just pissed me off even more because I had just been watching some of Monica's breast cancer stuff online, and was thinking how good LC was, and how she should be used more. Then I saw this.

Yes it is. Just not with vets. Look at Adrianne Leon, Dahlia Salem, hell...Even Carolyn Hennesy. All on recurring, all on regularly. Then look at Jackie Zeman, Denise Alexander, and before she retired, Rachel Ames. Hmm? GH does fine with recurring. When they bump a longterm character to recurring, they're essentially firing them. But instead of outright firing them, they pay them pennies to appear twice a year, just so that we can't say they fired fan favorites.

Archived