GH: Another Q Bites The Dust!

• Members

What they do with her is a waste of money. When she had material years ago, she was a big help to the show.

Burton, Julie Marie Berman, Tyler Christopher, Marcil unless she eats a sandwich and gets better writing, Kelly Monaco who has her moments but has not had an actual storyline in years, I would say they are the wastes of money.

Exactly. The slow death of GH.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed. Leslie Charleson looks far better than VM, to me. Or even JMB. Both so young, and both so frozen. And VM has clearly gotten something done to her nose now. It's so...thin. It's a shame. But no matter what she does to her face, or how much she doesn't bring in the ratings, she'll never get the JZ/LC treatment.

• Members

So are Jackie Zeman and Denise Alexander...When were they on last?

And I never got the feeling LC wanted to work less at GH. I don't think she would ever turn down episodes. Wasn't she part of some big rally about how ABC misuses vets, around the time SD was fired?

• Members

The same will happen to Vanessa in time. She looks a bit sickly and she's ruining her face at a fairly young age. There's a reason why she came back to the show -- she probably felt she had no other options at the moment. The problem for her is GH won't be around forever and unless ratings improve I don't know if Frons will be so generous in future.

• Members

It make suck but it is what it is. Im just being brutally honst. She is past her prime on GH and the current regime has no use of her. Its no big surprise considering they've been around for close to a decade. Monica's big stories are behind her. One may argue that it shouldnt be the case but thats how it stands. The only person affected by this will be Leslie C who wont get a steady check every month. The fans wont as she will continue her 1 or 2 episodes a month as it has been for the past several years. Unless they go and kill her off, no impact will be felt on GH. People may not like to hear that but its the truth and has been the case for quite some time. This isnt some shcok announcement that came out of the blue

• Members

It depends on what you're being honest about. Saying GH has no use for her and it won't affect what has become of GH, and it's not a surprise? I agree. Saying she's a waste of money is where I disagree. If it were that then they could have dumped her years ago. It's probably not even about money, since GH has reportedly gone overbudget a number of times yet can still splash out, as it is about just not writing for the character. They were waiting until the family was pretty much gone and they obviously had the resources to do that.

• Members

I thought this was going to be about Brook Lynn! Glad it's not! I want her for as long as we can get, I love her..

Not shocked by this honestly. I'll just be content as usual with the scraps we are thrown, with Monica at GH or in the Q Mansion. Fine with me. It was unnecessary for her to be on contract when all her character does is make occasional appearances like that.

• Members

I couldn't agree more Carl. It isn't all that shocking. But it is upsetting.

And Leslie herself, is NOT a waste. Bob Guza is a waste. No matter how you slice the dice, there is AMPLE room for Monica on the GH canvas. Her friendship with Bobbie, her work at the hospital, her relationship with Tracy and Edward. Alan could always be brought back. Brenda is close to the Quartermaines. Jason, is a Quartermaine, and there could be a story between Monica and Jason, should SB be willing to do it. They could always revisit older storylines like her breast cancer.

I've long since thought that if RC were to return to the show, there could be a storyline in which Skye was diagnosed with breast cancer. I have always thought that could be a good storyline, showcase powerful acting by RC and LC, and allow for flashbacks of Monica's journey. The day she found out, her friendship with Paige, etc.

Then there's Brook Lynn. Her life is bound to explode in her face at some point. And how perfect would it be if Monica became her mentor, and took her under her wing. It would drive Tracy up the wall. And Maya is the brunt of Tracy's harshness, and she bickers with Edward, so Monica could be a welcoming force to her. Help her with her relationship with Ethan, help her move up in the hospital. Grow to consider both Brook and Maya like daughters, which of course would put Brook and Maya at odds, and give great family drama.

Monica could start a relationship with Mike, but he could have an attraction towards Lesley. His love for Monica starts to get overpowered by his attraction to Lesley, and we could have a great throwback triangle storyline, in memorium of Lesley and Monica's fights for Rick Webber.

There is plenty of storyline out there for Monica. The only thing that's a waste is that no one uses it.

Archived